Squirrely sound in 2005 nissan pathfinder climate control

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

chris.kirchhof

Squirrely sound in 2005 nissan pathfinder climate control

Postby chris.kirchhof » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:53 am

There is a strange sound in my climate control, kind of a rapid repeating chirping, kind of squirrely sounding. It only goes away in the defrost setting, and the fan on. Despite multiple mode and fan speed changes, it only goes away in the defrost setting. It's really annoying, and I hope I do not have to dis-assemble the entire dash to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks!

07-SV-650

Postby 07-SV-650 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:32 am

I get the same sound, I'm curious as to what it is also.

chris.kirchhof

Postby chris.kirchhof » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:58 am

Hey! The sound drove me to insanity! I finally took it to the dealer, was diagnosed. "The noise is coming from the blower motor's mode cam door because the grease had dried out causing the friction. Removed, cleaned, then lubricated and reinstalled the cam." So the lubricated the gears and stuff, and only cost a reasonable $139.23. What relief! Also remember to change the cabin filters. Problem solved. Good luck!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:47 am

Ouch. Would this have been something now you could have done on your own? For 139, I don't see that the dash was taken apart/removed.

chris.kirchhof

Postby chris.kirchhof » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 am

Not me. I am not that mechanically inclined to have tried this myself. I think they were able to get to the mechanisms from the engine bay, behind the dash. I just did not trust my local shop for this. Maybe yours is more capable than mine. But considering it was the dealer, I was confident and thought the price was not unreasonable. If you are a fix-it-yourself kind of guy, there may be more in a diagram or something available on line. The noise was just driving me bananas.

Return to “R51 Electrical”