Getting a 2005 Pathfinder...should I?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Go for it

Postby eieio » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:56 am

deermjd wrote:
farmgirlpathfinder wrote:I would definitely recommend this vehicle. I just purchased mine but had looked at the pathfinder in 2005, 2006 and 2007. I am definitely going to have the radiator changed and I would contact Nissan USA with the VIN number. I have a service engine light on in my vehicle and when I inquired about it to Nissan, I was informed that based on my VIN, the previous owner had opted for the extended warranty, instead of getting the issue repaired free (P0463 Fuel Level Sensor). I now have to get this repaired and I would advise against taking it to the dealer for any repairs. My local dealer told me it would be about $700 and the entire fuel pump would have to be replaced. I took it to my local mechanic and was quoted $250 for the part and labor, since the sensor itself could just be replaced. To sum it up, I love my PF and my next vehicle will be a newer PF or the Armada.
That's odd that Nissan is not willing to honor the recall for the fuel level sensor. My sensor went bad before my VIN# was recalled so I just bought the part form Nissan and replaced it myself. The quote you got from the local mechanic seems very reasonable. The fuel level sensor was about $120 from the dealer and it took me a couple of hours to replace it. The replacement part I got was slightly different than the original and seems to be a better design so hopefully this won't be a problem again.
fuel level sensor is not a recall item!
it may be an extended warranty item depending on the mileage on the vehicle
more info here: http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Fuel-Se ... php?menu=2
as to why the "opted for" extended warranty purchased by the previous owner was not honored, there must be more at hand than we know
farmgirlpathfinder wrote: "when I inquired about it to Nissan, I was informed that based on my VIN, the previous owner had opted for the extended warranty, instead of getting the issue repaired free (P0463 Fuel Level Sensor)."
this makes no sense to me.................. :?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:27 pm

eieio,
Thanks for straightening that out for me. I was mistaken about the fuel sensor being a recall. I've gotten so many letters from Nissan about recalls and extended warranties that I get them confused.

ramseyspath

Postby ramseyspath » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:01 pm

watch out for the catalytic converters!!!!!!! they will break the bank and i cant believe Nissan hasnt made this item a recall from all ive read about the CATs.

my wife and i bought her a used 05 LE less than a yr ago with 87k miles on it and it has been nothing but repair after repair and is pretty discouraging!!!!!!!!!

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:08 pm

ramseyspath wrote:watch out for the catalytic converters!!!!!!! they will break the bank and i cant believe Nissan hasnt made this item a recall from all ive read about the CATs.

my wife and i bought her a used 05 LE less than a yr ago with 87k miles on it and it has been nothing but repair after repair and is pretty discouraging!!!!!!!!!
Hey neighbor! So far I haven't had any problems with my cats but I have with about everything else. Where part of AL are you located?

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:19 pm

deermjd wrote:
ramseyspath wrote:watch out for the catalytic converters!!!!!!! they will break the bank and i cant believe Nissan hasnt made this item a recall from all ive read about the CATs.

Hey neighbor! So far I haven't had any problems with my cats but I have with about everything else. Where part of AL are you located?
I just got the news that I have cat issues from the dealer at my last oil change... No specifics... Just that further diagnostics would be required to pin point it. I bought it at under 80K and am now at about 97K. Never had any issues with my QX4 before it...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”