Timing chain shoe resolution

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

martyf250

Timing chain shoe resolution

Postby martyf250 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:50 pm

After a few weeks of letters and Better Business Bureau calls, I finally received a letter in the mail explaining my 2005 pathfinder is out of warranty and they can offer me a $250 credit for what will be a $1200 fix. I appreciate that, but it is not good enough. How can Nissan not be accountable for a plastic piece they put in their timing chain components that wears down prematurely and is documented by Nissan themselves! Need to brainstorm my next steps.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:43 pm

That is frustrating... At least you got something out of them. The best course of action is probably a passive one. Don't buy another Nissan. That's my plan, at least until something changes..

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Timing chain shoe resolution

Postby eieio » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 pm

martyf250 wrote:After a few weeks of letters and Better Business Bureau calls, I finally received a letter in the mail explaining my 2005 pathfinder is out of warranty and they can offer me a $250 credit for what will be a $1200 fix. I appreciate that, but it is not good enough. How can Nissan not be accountable for a plastic piece they put in their timing chain components that wears down prematurely and is documented by Nissan themselves! Need to brainstorm my next steps.
it would be nice to see Nissan step up to the plate in a bigger way, but when you consider it:
1) you are approximately 3.5-4 years beyond your warranty.
2) you apparently did not buy an extended warranty, and chances are, if you did, it would have cost you the approximate amount of this repair that you are facing.
3) they are willing to help you with better than a 20% discount on the repair, which they are not obligated in any way to do. 20% is nothing to scoff at.

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 pm

I was lucky that I was covered under extended warranty. My cost was around $300 and total cost was over $1200.
It took a week because they have to do the labor part and submitting for approval.
I'm glad my service write was on my side and keep pushing the warranty company to approve the work.
this occured around 67K miles

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”