Hit 100K miles in my '08! What now?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Mr Mayor

Hit 100K miles in my '08! What now?

Postby Mr Mayor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Yup, clicked over 100K on my 2008 yesterday and started thinking of a few things to check/change and ponder.

I'm a little rough with her, but she likes it that way :P I tow with her at least 20 times a year, typically 2 hrs or more with quad/s aboard plus gear, or sometimes I roof-top my boat.

Mods:
Full Stillen intake (nice!)
leaf spring Airbags (very nice!)
Frozen Rotors and Hawk pads (rotors yeah, but pads sh!t, swapping soon)

My maintenance has been excellent, coolant, diffs, rotations etc.... except one thing.....
I HAVE NOT DONE THE TRANS COOLER/RADIATOR BYPASS... (Did u hear the echo?)

Am I crazy? Am I just beggin for it? Where in NJ can I go to get it done, OR, is there anyone here willing to assist? I pay, and I'lll feed ya if this is something we can do in a driveway with hand tools.... or heck, I'll drive to you..

Thanks gang!
MM

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Hit 100K miles in my '08! What now?

Postby eieio » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Mr Mayor wrote:Yup, clicked over 100K on my 2008 yesterday I HAVE NOT DONE THE TRANS COOLER/RADIATOR BYPASS...
Am I crazy?
:shock:
should have been done 20,000 miles ago, when Nissans' warranty extension expired on your truck

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Congrats! Now would be a good time to change the spark plugs if they are still the original ones. Check the brakes. There's really not much special maintenance needed other that what you already do. Do a coolant flush if you're feeling ambitious.

The transmission cooler bypass is very simple to do. Its easier than trying to explain it typing on my phone. They only tools needed are a ratchet and socket set pliers for the hose clamps and zip ties to keep the hoses looking neat. A jack and jack stand would be helpful but aren't required unless your suspension is lowered or something. Just do it yourself. If your not sure about something just send me a pm and ill send you some pics of how I did the bypass.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:34 pm

The '08 has a different setup for the rad/cooler than prior models. I don't know to what extent they're different but the cooler and lines are different, in different locations, and have different hose routing. I'm at 65k on my '08 and have been watching it. I'm not planning to research it further until I approach 80k.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”