Are Nissan Dealers always this bad

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Ya I notice at 80 mph it really hits a wall. This thing really is a brick aerodynamically. Ill keep you guys posted on the dealer duel. Its going on day 8.

yeziam

Postby yeziam » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 pm

What dealer? I bought mine from the one, but their service was absolute crap. They just didn't want to do any warranty work at all and passed every complaint off as it being normal or that it would go away. Ahh, no. Ended up driving farther to another Nissan dealer who has been very helpful thus far. Of course, I don't have any issues regarding warranty. Both dealers are on the west and northwest side of the city, the better one being the latter.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:29 am

Well it has been two weeks of constant avoidance and lies. My car is still at the dealer and both dealers are avoiding the issues at hand. One dealer says my warranty should cover the problems, The other dealer is saying warranty won't cover and the other dealer needs to pay up. I have had it. I am just going to pick the car up today and fix these issues myself. Nissan customer service is horrible in my opinion. In a way it makes me regret buying the thing.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 am

Clay350 wrote:Well it has been two weeks of constant avoidance and lies. My car is still at the dealer and both dealers are avoiding the issues at hand. One dealer says my warranty should cover the problems, The other dealer is saying warranty won't cover and the other dealer needs to pay up. I have had it. I am just going to pick the car up today and fix these issues myself. Nissan customer service is horrible in my opinion. In a way it makes me regret buying the thing.
You should at least log complaints with various different agencies and let the dealers know that you are doing so. Go to BBB and Nissan Corp first and then contact the customer relations department of the individual dealers and make sure your complaint goes to the top man at each dealership along with the statement that you are filling complaints with BBB and Nissan Corp.

If you want results you will most likely have to work for them unless you give up and do what you said you would and then you will have to put your hard earned money up and the two dealers will be laughing all the way to the bank.

DON’T BE A PUSHOVER AND MAKE YOUR VOICE COUNT!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

hfrez wrote:DON’T BE A PUSHOVER AND MAKE YOUR VOICE COUNT!
while you are at it though, you must be sure that the issues you have are indeed defects, and indeed covered by whatever warranty you purchased
if they are normal wear or adjustment issues, warranty may not cover them
once again, it may be better to return to the dealership that you purchased it from, since (as you say), they made a commitment already that your warranty will cover your issues
warranties do not cover all problems
they only cover what they state that they cover
it's sometimes up to the servicing dealer to convince the warranty company that it is a coverable defect, in order to get paid for the repair
otherwise, it is the responsibility of the vehicles' owner to incur the expense
what warranty did you buy?

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Sounds as if your have an issue with the selling dealer.

FWIW : Here is an experience I had 10 yr ago when I bought a used car from a dealer & salesman I bought from before. Found out the car needed some $2K to fix ABS system. The salesman saw the problem the day we bought it but the mgr of that location told us shortly thereafter that I bought it AS IS. As you probably know, one family often owns a number of dealerships. Well on their website they had a "Contact” button. In a nice way I told them the situation and said if it was that bad of a car they should have sent it to auction. Little did I know at the time that this email went clear to the top and I soon got a call from the same mgr that told me “Sold AS IS”. Now he nicely asked me to come in and discuss the matter & we did come to agreeable terms. Just something to try…

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:44 pm

They're betting you give up. It's in their best interest. Your job is to be a PITA until you get somewhere and then never do business with either dealership again.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:38 pm

I finally got my car back. I did manage to talk to the sales manager where i bought the car. He did aknlowledge they handled this poorly and did make some ammends financially. At this point i am just going to fix these issues myself. This is just a live and learn situation i guess. I should have known not to listen to the salesman in the first place. Thanks for all your comments. Does anyone know where to find a complete pdf service manual. The one i found on here doesnt seem to have everything?

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Clay350 wrote: Does anyone know where to find a complete pdf service manual. The one I found on here doesnt seem to have everything?
Search "2008 Pathfinder Service Manual" on ebay.com
Several are sold over there. Mine for my 2006 came on a CD disc.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Clay350 wrote: I should have known not to listen to the salesman in the first place.
yup........ :wink:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”