99 Pathfinder acceleration problem

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Maverick808

99 Pathfinder acceleration problem

Postby Maverick808 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 am

Aloha Everyone,

i have a 143,000 mile 99 pathfinder 3.3 L that a weeks ago just died on me. i took it to Goodyear to get diagnosis and they came back and said it was just in need of new plug wires, plugs, cap and rotor. Well i replaced all of those and the pathy would run but would die a few minutes later. So i changed the fuel filter and it improved but still was dieing out after a couple of minutes. I then replaced the fuel pump, which i now have the battle scares all over my arms lol, and it runs very good. It still dies on a rapid acceleration however. The check engine light was on for i retrieved the codes, i know i should have done that first but i was hard head. The code came back 0325 Knock Sensor. I completed the Knock Sensor relocation and the vehicle runs even better, but still will die on a rapid depress of the gas pedal. It will run very well doing a gradual acceleration, but the minute you push it, it bogs out. I'm thinking its the Throttle position sensor, but i'm not sure because its not throwing any codes. I'm stumped and after $500.00 in the hole with everything i've already done, i'm a bit frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

teggenberger

Postby teggenberger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:49 am

Hi,
My PF threatens to shutdown (stutters) after warmed-up/hot, and accelerating.
Mechanic says it cause the Temp. gauge pegged and the 'engine cutoff' mechanism.
Said my 'Fan clutch' is bad and not keeping the engine temp down and after car heats up the engine cutoff kicks-in.
I'm gonna replace the fan-clutch today - see if that fixes.

Rizzo226

Postby Rizzo226 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:31 pm

have you checked your mas airflow sensor it may be giving the engine too much fuel under rapid acceleration which could cause your engine to flood and shut down

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”