60k by-pass surgery

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

cesar33

60k by-pass surgery

Postby cesar33 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Just purchases Pathy LE 2006 with 60k miles. I did the radiator hose by pass and decide to drain a gallon while I had the hose off.
-I took the longer hose from the transmission off the radiator and put it into a gallon container.

-1 gallon of Valvoline MaxLife tranny fluid ready to pour down the dip stick tube.

-Started truck and started pouring in new fluid as the old fluid pumped out the bottom.

-Poured 1 gallon back into system.

-Drained from transmission pan and just under a gallon came out. Topped off tranny to full cold level.

-Test drove.

Lesson learned. Took less than 30 seconds to fill up the gallon once I turned of the truck using the transmissions pumping system. My funnel couldn't fill that fast, spilled some on to the card board I layed out. Next time just drain one gallon, then add one gallon.

60k miles drain dark on left, replaced half the fluid in middle and on right is new fluid.
Last edited by cesar33 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience and hope you are enjoying your new Pathfinder!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”