Considering a 2008 Pathfinder LE V8 - advice?

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Ross Carlson

Considering a 2008 Pathfinder LE V8 - advice?

Postby Ross Carlson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Have picked out a black one, seems it only is missing rear seat DVD which I care little about. I'm in Denver - it's at a dealer in KC so I'd fly in and drive her home.

New to the R51 Pathfinder, had a 2003 SE (not sure of the code, sorry) for a few years a while back. The time as come that I need an SUV - adopting a doc next weekend and will start towing my car to the track most of the time.

I'm looking at a black 08, 65k miles. Tan interior, Nav, all the goodies. Looks in good condition, from what I can tell 1 owner.

Given the mileage what should I be asking about? Obviously I'll get details on the condition of the brakes, tires, etc. Should I have the diffs inspected somewhere else? Believe it comes with a Nissan powertrain warranty for a bit longer.

Any particular failure points to check? I plan on installing a power inverter and drop down LCD screen for tailgating while camping at the racetrack. Need to figure out a speaker solution too. WeatherTech mats and barriers for us.

If all goes smoothly she'll be in my garage this coming Saturday...

-Ross

FindyourPath

Postby FindyourPath » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:12 pm

do you need a V8?
it tows only slightly more.
i tow a 2500lb boat/trailer about 1000K/month easy.
the 4.0L V6 is fast as hell.
gas is getting out of control.

just a little food for thought

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I have an 08 LE V8 and have loved it. We've had it 14 months now and have put on 22k miles. It's been a great SUV and the family has loved it.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”