New from Southern CA

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NISS05LE

New from Southern CA

Postby NISS05LE » Thu May 24, 2012 11:25 am

Hello fellow Path owners!

Well, I've had my 05 Pathfinder LE since 2004! Yes, I got mine straight off the trailer basically, 6 miles on it. I have nothing but positive experience with this SUV. I've kept it basically stock and its has 145k on it now. It's taken our family on some amazing trips to Sedona, AZ, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Bend OR, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco... Mexico, well, many places. Originally I wanted a base model but the first shipment had only fully loaded LE's and so pulled the trigger anyways. I'm so glad we did. Our kids now 6 and 5 enjoy the DVD and having the Navigation has come in handy on our trips.

Mechanically, I had a stalling issue at just under 70k and was still covered under extended warranty. They replaced TB and some other module at first and still stalled when coming to a stop. Eventually, they figured it was the cooling sensor... ?!?!?! oh well. Since then, no issues but at about 135k, I started to hear the whinning noise coming from front engine area. based on the research I've done, could be the timing chain issue which I'm not looking forward to but, guess I'll deal with it eventually. I'm not too concerned, seems to just be there but not getting worse. I've been running this engine on Mobil 1 since day one and it's helped I'm sure.

The original General tires lasted till 80k and I'm waiting on the current set to replace in the next month or so. I want to replace the worn shock with Bilsteins and addd the air lift on rear springs before taking our next trip to Seattle, WA this summer. I've been starting to get anoyed with sway ride and bottoming out.

Right now, it needs some body work unfortunately - my wife usually drives it and has added some costmetic flaws. I got a friend who owns a body shop and we will be fixing those very soon, hopefully before our next trip.

I'll be reading up some more in here regarding the Pathfinder and learning from some of you I'm sure. Looking forward to exchanging info with the forum community!

Ken

Took this with my cell camera... Big Bear, CA

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu May 24, 2012 5:12 pm

welcome

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri May 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you have taken some amazing trips with the pathfinder.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”