Roof rack help needed ASAP.

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

hurt70

Roof rack help needed ASAP.

Postby hurt70 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Bought my '99 Pathy a couple of weeks ago. Love, love love it. But i'm getting ready for a long road trip up north with the family and need extra cargo space inside for the dogs. I have NO idea how to adjust the roof racks cross bars. When I went to take a look at them they weren't even locked down. I mean they are just sitting there. Now, they aren't moving around but when I tie a cargo bag to them then what !?!?!
Any help with firguring this problem out would be much appreciated.

hurt70

roof rack help

Postby hurt70 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Well I had a bunch of views but no advice. That's ok, I ended up going to my local Nissan dealership anyway. Was afraid they would charge me an arm and a leg to help me me out. They were actually very very good. ( I've had bad luck with dealerships in the past). Told me that I need a special tool that I should have got with my truck(probably lost. It is 13 yrs old after all). They ordered the tool for me($16) and adjusted my cross bars and check on a past recall, all for free. What a great experience. Loving my Pathy even more now !!!!!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

A-ha! I was wondering what that tool was for in the tool bag of my R51! I knew it had some purpose!

hurt70

Postby hurt70 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Awesome !!! Glad my post was able to help someone!!! Even if it wasn't me !!!! Lol.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”