New Member in SE Texas

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

linewar

New Member in SE Texas

Postby linewar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 am

Hello all,

My Pathfinder has an interesting story. I originally got her in 2006, after several months of research and comparison against the Toyota 4-Runner. At the time I wanted reliability over anything, since I was buying an older car in order to lower my debt load, and my conclusion was that mid-90's 4-Runners and Pathfinders with 4 wheel drive and a stick shift were as close to bulletproof as anything out there. I bought this 1996 4x4 5-speed (I believe it is an SE, because of the black grille and power windows/ locks) from a dealer in Houston, TX, who had taken it on trade from the original owner, an older gentleman who retired to Houston from Apple Valley, California. (Why anyone would do that, I have no idea.)

After 2 happy years of happy, relatively trouble-free ownership, my mother-in-law needed a vehicle. Wanting her to have something reliable, I bought a Jeep Liberty with a diesel engine, and gave her the Pathfinder in September 2008. 4 years later, she can no longer drive, so I picked up my old Pathfinder on Saturday.

As you can see, "Betsy" is in need of some TLC - to start, two front marker lights. She also has a oil leak, not too too bad - about a half teaspoon per week - but any leak is something to be investigated and corrected, if possible. Also a lot of the original tint has gone bad. But she still starts on the first turn, shifts like the clutch is a leg-press machine at the gym, and there is no visible damage to the CV's on the front driveshaft, transfer case or front hal-shafts.
I was an active member at LOST Jeeps when I had my Jeep, so I am familiar with forum rules and courtesy. I look forward to learning more and meeting everyone.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

welcome.

TheRude1

Postby TheRude1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”