2002 R50 Mouldings rusting out outside lower window,GPS?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

borninabarn

2002 R50 Mouldings rusting out outside lower window,GPS?

Postby borninabarn » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Are any of you having any problems with rust in the upper door mouldings that ride against the window on the outside of the vehicle? Anyone know of any aftermarket ones out there or do you have all 4 from a junked out Pathfinder? Also does anyone know if the 2002 R50 came out factory with a GPS type screen for part of the radio system in these?If so anyone have a used one?Thanks Guys!

I could really use some votes for the pathfinder of Nov.Contest.Its an old one but like new.Thank You in advance,Born

Datsun_Dime

Postby Datsun_Dime » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 am

I have yet to see a R50 with perfect window moldings.... There in a spot where water and (where ever used) road salt will just sit. Not sure where you would find aftermarket... Nissan replacements i'm sure are available...

As for the GPS they never came as an option on R50's (to the best of my knowledge). But any aftermarket double din unit is almost a direct bolt in (minus a few wiring bypasses for the BOSE units which is and easy mod made in the door and rear cargo panel where the BOSE amps are. You will also have to replace the speakers in the doors to 4ohm units... Factory BOSE speakers are 1ohm). :D All in all if your not afraid of doing this type of work yourself its an afternoon job.

borninabarn

Postby borninabarn » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks for the reply!
I Called Nissan Parts at a dealership here in Iowa and they want $85 each for those short mouldings.I already took off the back 2 and planning on the front ones before the rust decides to go to my door skins? I guess I was asking about the radio lcd screen was I saw one I think on Craigslist and it was for an earlier pathfinder? I think?? I better hit a salvage yard for the mouldings IF I can find some decent ones? Thanks Again,Born

I could use some votes please for Nov.Pathfinder of the month!

julianwong

Postby julianwong » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am

Datsun_Dime wrote: As for the GPS they never came as an option on R50's (to the best of my knowledge).
My 2001 R50 (LE) came with the GPS option for $1300 more.

ferrariowner123

Postby ferrariowner123 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm

julianwong wrote:
Datsun_Dime wrote: As for the GPS they never came as an option on R50's (to the best of my knowledge).
My 2001 R50 (LE) came with the GPS option for $1300 more.
Which is strange because its $4500 today. :shock:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/28090n-dis ... 01105.html

I remember reading on NICO that they had a bad habit of dying, so people just get an aftermarket Double Din.

-Kyle

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”