Brakes and Rotors

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Watisgood

Brakes and Rotors

Postby Watisgood » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

Hi guys!

I just bought a 2002 Pathfinder black on black and love it.

I need to replace the brakes and rotors any advise on where to buy them and if there is a DIY sticky. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

IanH

Postby IanH » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 pm

I used the Factory service manual.

The bearings have to be dismantled to get everything off, so you need to plan on buying the special tool for the front hub and seals and re-grease the bearings.

I purchased EBC slotted and drilled rotors and have had no issues, with PBR / Axis metal master pads.

I suggest any good name rotor, like Brembo, EBC, etc.

My rotors were warped, and the pulsing got a lot worse when hot, so I believed turning them would not help.

Hope this helps...

IanH

Postby IanH » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 pm

BTW I don't encourage drilled rotors, slotted or solid are fine.
The EBC's are what I found quickly at a fair price.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:19 am

I use Akebono Ceramics a lot. Akebono has been an original equipment supplier of brakes to Nissan for decades. I order them from Rockauto.com and they come boxed with new hardware and brake grease. You can get rotors there, too, but the shipping can be a little steep due to their weight. Just avoid cheap parts! Cheap rotors will warp fast and cheap pads will usually create a lot of dust and squeek. stick with a name brand on rotors, like Wagner, Raybestos, etc.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”