ENGINE STARTING ISSUE

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

SCORPIO

ENGINE STARTING ISSUE

Postby SCORPIO » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:10 am

hi

im new to this forum, this is my first post so please bear with me if this have been discussed previously

i have the 2003 3.5L pathfinder USA specs

some times (once a week, sometimes 2-3 times a week) i start the car, it starts normally but the RPM will refuse to go above 2K, of and on the engine if im lucky it goes back to normal after like 20 - 30 attempts

local garage said air-mass (changed) then air throttle (changed) sparks and sparks wiring (changed) still no success

if any body have been into this, please advice about the solution

thank you

Rizzo226

Postby Rizzo226 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:43 pm

i have the same year as you and when mine is low on oil it will not rev high and have little power just make sure your oil level is correct will it crank when it doesnt start or not crank at all?

Tommi

Hi

Postby Tommi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 am

New to this forum as well. Ive had a hard starting issue before in my 2004 pathy when I bought it. The engine is a bit shaky and hard to start specially in the morning. I change the sp.plugs, clean the injectors but failed. I was surfing the net regarding the supply of fuel towards the engine and I suspect that it was the fuel pressure regulator. I bought a universal fuel regulator at ebay and instantly solves my problem. Just google some of the symptoms maybe we had the same probs. Hope it helps.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”