can I disable the alarm system?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

EeJay84

can I disable the alarm system?

Postby EeJay84 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 am

I noticed that when I installed a cab-heater for my truck it set of the alarm whenever it was turned on. It is the sub-sonic internal sensor alarm that goes off. Is there a way to disable this? I've been looking for some solutions myself but I can't find any switch and there is no separate fuse which I can find (it should be though, right?).

It can temporarily be disabled by turning the starting knob three times from I->III within 7 seconds before exiting the car. This just seems like a hassle to do every time. I think my dogs will set it off too when they are left in the car and I want to be able to open the rear window and sunroof for airflow for them during the summer.

BoMMeN

Re: can I disable the alarm system?

Postby BoMMeN » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 pm

*bump*
I have the same problem with my Pathfinder.
Anyone have an solution for this?
Plz help me

EeJay84 wrote:I noticed that when I installed a cab-heater for my truck it set of the alarm whenever it was turned on. It is the sub-sonic internal sensor alarm that goes off. Is there a way to disable this? I've been looking for some solutions myself but I can't find any switch and there is no separate fuse which I can find (it should be though, right?).

It can temporarily be disabled by turning the starting knob three times from I->III within 7 seconds before exiting the car. This just seems like a hassle to do every time. I think my dogs will set it off too when they are left in the car and I want to be able to open the rear window and sunroof for airflow for them during the summer.

Return to “R51 Electrical”