Factory radio swap, for, factory radio.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Mr Mayor

Factory radio swap, for, factory radio.

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Just curious.. my 08' came without Bluetooth and navigation...

Is it possible to add now without "too" much trouble? Looks like I still have the antenna on the roof for navigation... I think.... maybe no cabling.

With NJ passing the HAND FREE law soon after, I find myself on speakerphone alot, and frankly, its worse than holding the damn thing...

I mean HEY! CB's aint illegal? Why is my phone?

MGJ

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: Factory radio swap, for, factory radio.

Postby blink32 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:36 am

Marginjoey wrote: I mean HEY! CB's aint illegal? Why is my phone?
MGJ
Ignoring the fact that the Trucking industry/labor unions would never allow a law outlawing CB's to go through there is a big difference in operations. A CB is 1 button to click, no looking. Not to mention it's an actual tool used for a ginormous trade. Yes, there is tons of chit chat on the line, yes you have channels, squelch, etc, but in general the only thing changed is the channel. Its not an apples to apples comparison.

I, for one, am all for the law. Maybe, just maybe it will cut down on the retards who I see every day that are unable to keep it in their lane, making turns from the lane furthest away, blah blah blah. Will it inconvenience myself and others who probably can handle talking and driving, sure.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 am

Easy there Blink, did not me to O-ffend.
<- Quite the avid CB'er... 400W Lafayette Telsat 1140 base station for year n years, and only took it down to move (5 yrs?). never got around to putting it back up..

BACK ON TOPIC:

Can I swap radios ?

MGJ

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:12 am

blink32 wrote: I, for one, am all for the law.
Oh, man! I would love to see a law like that here, but more in line with the Europeans: you can be pulled over simply for using your phone, rather than as a secondary offense like NY & NJ. Still, it is definitely a step in the right direction. I keep telling myself to buy a video camera, mount it in my car for a month or so, capture footage of moronic drivers trying to drive and talk at the same time, then uploading it to Youtube and the local news stations. It just blows my mind how piss-poor people become as drivers while talking on the phone.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:48 am

No offense taken. I'm just all for a nanny state if people are too stupid to self-regulate.
NVSteve wrote:secondary offense like NY & NJ.
No longer a 2ndary in NJ. Not sure about NY but yea, needless to say ticketing has gone up lots.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”