Windshield Gremlin

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

rlwzgd

Windshield Gremlin

Postby rlwzgd » Sat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

At first I thought I just had horrible luck, but I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my Path... About 8 weeks ago a truck flipped a rock up and cracked my windshield. It hit right along the bottom, on the frame (between the wiper and the cowl). Since then, I've replaced the glass 3 times (yes, 3) and need a forth. Here's the rundown:

1. I had it replaced a week after it broke and Safelite broke the cowl, used the wrong glass and the wrong trim. There was also an air leak.

2. They replaced the windshield again 2.5 weeks later, again using the wrong glass (now with an image distortion) the wrong glass and the wrong trim. The suit still leaked but at least I could hear the radio.

Since they had a middle stab in there where they did nothing, this was the last time they touched my car.

3. I took it to the dealership that had the collision center who contracted with a local glass company to replace the windshield with oem glass and the right trim. Finally the cowl was replaced and the air leak gone (to the best of my knowledge).

After being rained on inside my car today, it appears as though the dealer managed to install a windshield with a water leak. The wrong/defective glass is hardly my path's fault, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just really unlucky or if there's a reason no one can manage to install a windshield correctly (other than they are idiots)... This would be the fifth windshield in a 2012 Path... Other than being livid, what would you do?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat May 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Take it back to them and have it replaced with OEM Nissan glass. For some reason, it looks like those installing the glass are screwing something up. I've had my window replaced from safelite and its quite and does not leak.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Sorry to hear this, my aftermarket windscreen makes a lot of wind noise all around the seals but luckily no water leaks...

rlwzgd

Postby rlwzgd » Sun May 26, 2013 7:24 am

Yeah, that's the thing... I'had two after markets and one oem glass in there. It's a windshield on a 2012... Not hard right? Guess I'm driving the xterra for another week... I'm definitely going to be there when they pull it apart to see the water damage.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”