How to replace battery terminal on my 2008 Pathfinder?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

ricardot23

How to replace battery terminal on my 2008 Pathfinder?

Postby ricardot23 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm

The original terminal was corroded from dried up battery acid. I went to the dealership to find a new terminal and they gave me a new terminal that doesn't look like the original terminal. I'm not quite sure on how I'm suppose to install the piece so I thought I would ask. This is my first post so I don't know how to post pictures but I've added a link that shows the piece that I bought from the dealership.

http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nissan-Fact ... _1026.html

Sayantsi

Postby Sayantsi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 am

I'd assume you just unscrew the existing terminal, thread the cable into the new one, and tighten everything down?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 am

i did the same thing. went back to the parts guy and he said you have to cut the old terminal post right after the screw, then you can use that existing screw to attach the new terminal.

i know, it's dumb. i still haven't done mine yet, not sure what to cut it with...

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 am

I had a problem with geting the terminal to tighten o to the new battery post. So I installed aftermarket platinum coated terminals. Was able to use 1 of the positive oem cables with oem conector. The other one i had to cut and use the wire connector that came with the aftermarket terminals. All good for 2 years now. Let me see if i have a picture.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

That looks like the correct terminal if you are replacing the positive side. For the ground side, you can use a "temporary" or "universal" cable end from the parts store, or order the entire negative battery cable from Nissan.

Return to “R51 Electrical”