Battery died now DTE acting nuts

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Fookn4x2

Battery died now DTE acting nuts

Postby Fookn4x2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:59 am

My kids were playing in the pf and listening to the radio for too long so the battery died. Tried to start and nothing so I hooked up the charger and charged it enough to start. Since that day, my check engine light stayed on and DTE display has been acting crazy showing everything from 100 miles to 15 to flashing empty then back to 90 then 115 then to 60; you get the point. Check engine light stayed on for the next 2 days until it reset itself after driving a certain distance I believe but now I'm dealing with this DTE display issue. The actual mechanical fuel gauge is working fine showing gas as it should. So what is going on? Anyone else had this issue before?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:45 am

i have the issue with the dte (well on the lcd display, not in the instrument cluster) being way off when my battery dies. usually takes 1-2 fill-ups before it's back to normal. although mine doesn't fluctuate, it just shows something absurd like 325miles to empty when i fillup the next time, even though that's nearly impossible for me to get (i avg 220-250mi/tank)

FLpathFinder

Postby FLpathFinder » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 am

doctahjones wrote:i have the issue with the dte (well on the lcd display, not in the instrument cluster) being way off when my battery dies. usually takes 1-2 fill-ups before it's back to normal. although mine doesn't fluctuate, it just shows something absurd like 325miles to empty when i fillup the next time, even though that's nearly impossible for me to get (i avg 220-250mi/tank)
I think this is due to your "average mpg". When the car dies it must revert back to what stock numbers should be. Then once you get some tanks ran it goes by the new average. At least that's what I've come to notice.

Return to “R51 Electrical”