misfire p2138

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

boogyman

misfire p2138

Postby boogyman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Well I just had my first major code thrown while out and about tonight. I noticed the truck was running a little rough and sluggish on the way out to dinner. I figured it was because the AC actually had to do something since it was 90. Then on the way out of Target, the dashboard lit up like christmas. So I bypassed the stop at home depot to get home to look up the code. Glad I bought the reader a few months ago. I pulled a P2138 Misfire code. It's dark so I can't check my connections, but I haven't touched them lately, so I don't know why they would be a problem. I might try and stop by the dealer tomorrow, if I can find one that will take me in.

Anybody have any other ideas?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Seems like a fairly rare error. Clear the codes, perform the throttle learn procedure and see if it comes back? Thats about the only thing I could think of besides finding the particular troubleshooting procedure in the FSM and following whatever it says, ohming out parts and what not. Good luck.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Well it's too damn hot to do any work outside. I ended up waiting till Monday to bring it in, since the dealer has a skeleton crew on Saturday. So tomorrow I'll let them look at it and maybe get a new pedal assembly out of it. I found out it's a accelerator sensor error and typically they change the whole assembly out. If not it will be documented and I won't have to worry if it pops up again. I'll let every one know how it goes.

boogyman

$410 later

Postby boogyman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:35 am

Well we got the truck back last night after they got the part overnighted and installed. They installed a accelerator sensor that was I think $175 plus 2 hours labor. It's the wides ride, 'm just glad it happened while I was driving and not her. Meanwhile it looks like the Saab's days are coming to an end soon and will be traded for something not falling apart. But that's another board.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:55 am

Good thing it's fixed. It's one thing to deal with problems on your own ride, its another when it's the wife's.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”