PF drop in replacement air filter

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Gray

PF drop in replacement air filter

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:27 pm

For awhile I've been looking for a drop in replacement air filter made of synthetic nanofibers to get better air cleaning which would reduce the amount of dirt which gets into the PF engine oil shown as silicon in used oil samples.

One of the best filters on the market for transport trucks is Donaldson which uses a patented nanofiber filter media, so I phoned them but they don't make air filters for PF sized trucks. What they did tell me though was that they partnered with Amsoil who make light duty vehicle filters using the Donaldson filtering media.

Here's a few links about the Amsoil EeA air filters using the Donaldson filter media;

http://www.amsoil.com/products/ea_filte ... ?zo=515729

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaa.aspx?zo=515729

The Amsoil EeA type air filter part number for both the V6 and V8 PF is EAA104.

Last edited by Gray on Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks, GB. I'm going to order the air & cabin filters tomorrow. I just don't feel comfortable pulling out the OEM filter and reinstalling the K&N, and this Amsoil filter looks very promising. I can handle blowing out the crud every year, rather than deal with oil.

EDIT: I decided to only order the air filter. I searched for other vendors, but ultimately had no choice but to order it from them directly. A tad expensive, but if it lasts as long as they claim (and filters as well as they claim), it will be a cheap purchase.

I just ordered some other non-OEM cabin filters from another supplier for about $14. The cabin filters on the Amsoil site are essentially the same as OEM, but quite a bit more expensive.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”