New member here in MA

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Citcope

New member here in MA

Postby Citcope » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Hello all I just found this place a week ago and its been pretty nice finding out all the info, accessories, mods and even model issues. Its almost like an AA meeting for me. Anyway i own an 06 Path S model it now has around 34000 miles and still running good. I am an Alaskan Import to MA. Last summer (07) I traveled from Alaska to Ma in three weeks with my Path loaded to the brim, 1000lbs inside at least. I traveled five days on ferry from Alaska to WA and then traveled through OR, ID, UT, CO (stayed one week), WY, NE, IA, IL, OH, PA, NY, and then MA. The only issue on the trip my TPMS was blinking once in awhile so i bought a tire pressure gauge and the pressure was fine. Other than that my rear hatch window leaks during rain. I know I have read in these forums that i am not the only one with this problem.

MonkeyMike

Re: New member here in MA

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:17 am

Citcope wrote:Hello all I just found this place a week ago and its been pretty nice finding out all the info, accessories, mods and even model issues. Its almost like an AA meeting for me. Anyway i own an 06 Path S model it now has around 34000 miles and still running good. I am an Alaskan Import to MA. Last summer (07) I traveled from Alaska to Ma in three weeks with my Path loaded to the brim, 1000lbs inside at least. I traveled five days on ferry from Alaska to WA and then traveled through OR, ID, UT, CO (stayed one week), WY, NE, IA, IL, OH, PA, NY, and then MA. The only issue on the trip my TPMS was blinking once in awhile so i bought a tire pressure gauge and the pressure was fine. Other than that my rear hatch window leaks during rain. I know I have read in these forums that i am not the only one with this problem.
welcome :P

i too have a leaky rear window seal. i have noticed that the seal has a depression in the top that is supposed to compress when the window contacts the seal. but this design also allows debris to sit in that depression, and when the window closes, it doesnt compress the seal well in that area.

open your rear window and see if there is any debris in the top of the seal. you will probably see some junk in there that needs to be cleaned out. (seeds, leaf pieces, etc)

in my opinion it is a badly designed seal. they should have made it so the depression is on the underside of the seal, not the top. this would prevent material from falling onto the seal, and causing the leakage problem.

i know this might not make sense reading the post, but go have a look at your seal. it should become clear once you see it in person.

~mike

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:22 am

Welcome, I think that you had the best trip out of every member on the site with your PF. Got any pics? :D

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Got a couple of pics, Sorry for the delay.

Before the Trip right after i bought it.

Added the Yakima rack system and started on my way

Just thought i would throw this image in

Campin out on the way still in Alaska

This in in Southern Idaho on my way to Utah. This fire was going on and it took pretty much the hole mountain. Luckily there was no houses or anything basicly bare mountains. Still sad to see.

This was taken in southern Utah/Colorado

After I arrived in Mass I took a drive up to New Hampshire since it hosts the highest elevation on the East Coast. Mount Washington standing about 6000 ft above sea level in the White Mountains.

HarshReality001

Postby HarshReality001 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:55 am

Sweet pix. Welcome aboard!

pdslug

Postby pdslug » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks for the pics!

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 am

you seem like you have some pretty cool adventures with you pathfinder

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Yeah i love to travel. I prefer to drive than take other means of transportation. I am from Alaska originally and just moved down here to MA last July. I have driven up to NH and this spring I took my family to PA. This winter we are planning a trip to Florida to spend time at Disney World, and yes we are driving. which should be long and we will probably kill the children before we get there but hey it will be an experience. :P

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”