Love the Forum! Fellow Nissan Owner in Need of assistance..

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NoVA Nissan guy

Love the Forum! Fellow Nissan Owner in Need of assistance..

Postby NoVA Nissan guy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Hello,& First id like to thanks the founders of this fine forum! Been a great sigh of relief to know I'm Not AlonE! . Site is very informative .

New to this forum..but look forward to pitching in when able.
Recently took ownership of
2001 SE w/ 110--- miles , did power valve screws as suggested by fellow owners.

But just
Fell victim to the NO Start* Just looking for little help in right direction :x
If anyone happens to read this and can chime in... Sorry to start in with issues off the bat :/
***lookin for where to acquire PCM replacement?

Ran perfect until a 70 mile trip when I ran gas tank to warning light :/ {I know! awful move} but I filled up and headed on my way when after 60 miles of driving. I got off highway and stalled out on off ramp :( ... It would start right up but had to give throttle to avoid stalling.... Long story short....drove another 70 miles only to have it die out completely on another off ramp. Assumed fuel issue,filter,etc... . But That was the end. After repeated attempts to start it, I smelled burning plastic :( The PCM I assume.... A Mechanic claims coolant is leaking into cracked throttle body which some how shorted the IACV, which blew fuses, only to burn up the PCM . Sound plausible?... He quoted $2,000+and 5-7days for parts .bought SUV 4&1/2 months ago for 3600+

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”