New member, 1991 Pathfinder SE, Chicago

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Johnny Haywire

New member, 1991 Pathfinder SE, Chicago

Postby Johnny Haywire » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself. I picked up the truck last week and am very excited to get to work on it (needs a few odds and ends). It is the SEV6 trim level with a 5-speed manual trans. My previous Nissan was a '78 280Z, so I'm not sure much will carry over, but the gear box feels oddly familiar.

The car is from the southwest, so rust is pretty minimal, but the horizontal paint surfaces have paid their dues. Clear coat is basically gone and the dash and horizontal interior surfaces have also suffered a bit. It currently has just over 275K on the odometer.

I've had one 4X4 in the past, an '86 Toyota 4Runner, for about 8 years, and the comparison has been interesting. I do appreciate not having to get out and lock the hubs in the Nissan.

At any rate, I'm pretty handy with a wrench, but I'm by no means an expert mechanic, and this site has already been helpful when looking for answers for certain issues (the clips that hold the door lock rods, for instance).

But enough about me, here are a few pics of the truck, who I endearingly call "Berta".

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:29 am

welcome.

Johnny Haywire

Postby Johnny Haywire » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks!

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 am

Welcome. I love the truck. I would either clear coat it the way it is or bedline the entire truck. Good luck I cant wait to see what you do to it.

Johnny Haywire

Postby Johnny Haywire » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks, RCAPathfinder! I haven't decided yet on what to do with the paint, but something will definitely get done before winter. I like the idea of just clear coating it.

I'm going to start a project thread in the model-specific forum and will post a few of the things I did so far (door lock clips and battery hold down) and what's on deck for the Pathfinder.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”