New guy.

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

LessThanZero

New guy.

Postby LessThanZero » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:37 pm

I found this site accidentially while searching on how to fix my fuel pump. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I'm really glad I found it.

I have a 2008 Pathfinder S with 171,XXX miles. Up to about a month ago, other than a main bearing going out and the dreaded radiator/transmission issue have had no problems. Now all of a suddon, I'm having several small issues:

1. Drivers side window control won't activate the front passenger window.
2. TPMS light is always on.
3. Fuel level indicator is bad - fixing it this weekend.
4. Rear window and deck pistons are weak - Found a fix here, thanks.

And a few other small things.

I went cheap on the tranny/radiator issue. I had a new radiator put in and had the system, including the engine flushed several times. Worked for about a month and ended up replacing the electrontics in the transmission. Transmission works, I just have a small shudder when it shifts into 3rd and it's hot outside.

Anyway, I look forward to trading war stories with you guys. I'm mostly a reader of the threads but will post from time to time.

Thanks,
Lewis

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:44 am

welcome to the forums.

My drivers window control is iffy as well, but for the driver's window. Sometimes it works well, other times you kinda have to fiddle with it to get it to go back up. It freaks my wife out because she doesn't have the 'magic touch' like I do... :)

Too bad on the radiator. I have had mine bypassed since 2009, after reading the horror stories. I pull a large travel trailer in summer, and have had no issues with my transmission, which has over 150000mi on it now.

Some here have given up on the TPMS. I haven't had any issues with mine, and it works as advertised. I expect in the next year or so that my TPMS sensors' batteries will go dead, and I'll have to deal with that, but so far so good. I found that Costco seems to have the most reasonable price for the sensors themselves, they charged me $40 for the parts last time I had my tires changed there. Most other places here are $60-110 per tire.

Good luck!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”