Newb from NC, Xterra -> Pathy

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Witchdoctor

Newb from NC, Xterra -> Pathy

Postby Witchdoctor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Just checking in here from central North Carolina. I have lurked here for a while looking at links from the Xterra Gen 2 forum. Tomorrow (Jan 23, 2015) I trade in my 2012 Xterra S 4x4 Knight Armor for a 2012 Pathy SV 4x4 V6 Dark Gray. I will throw some pics up when I get some.

I am planning to do some mods, starting with taking off the crappy running boards :D I am looking for lifts (cheap for now as I am poor), eventually tires as the Nissan dealer put new ones on already, roof racks, armor, and more as the budget allows.

Currently we have a 2012 Rogue SV (to be clear that is the wife's) and a 2000 Jeep XJ with A/T 30x9.50's on a budget lift which is my daily driver. Making the trade to allow for more family growth (hopefully) and making road trips more comfortable for the three of us.

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:14 am

Welcome to the Path! lol

I agree, removing those running boards was such a great first step. I see a ton of these on the roads and it went a surprisingly long way to making me feel like mine was a little different.

My short wife wasnt appreciative but she can jump...

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find aftermarket products for the pathfinder limited when compared to your Xterra.

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:21 pm

Welcome, maybe I'll see you out at the beach sometime. We love to camp out at freeman park. Check it out sometime, I advise to stay away on the holidays as it gets insane. Otherwise it's pretty relaxing. Btw, I am from Raleigh. Let me know if you need anything.

Witchdoctor

Postby Witchdoctor » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 pm

First of all thanks for the replies. I am very happy with the Pathy as I bought it and hit the road for a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC the same day. It had 44800ish miles on it and now has a little over 45K. Apparently it was a lease to Duke University and extremely well taken care of based on what I can find out. I had to make the change for family travel and cargo space (maybe towing if we buy a small camper).

I do know the Xterra had more options for upgrades, but I don't live in the desert Southwest and most of the offroading, here in NC, is rock climbing, which I don't do. I would rather aim my build at an overland design, if that makes sense.

Again thank you for the warm welcome.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”