2008 V8 Pathfinder in DC!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

DCPathy

2008 V8 Pathfinder in DC!

Postby DCPathy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Rokas and I just purchased a 2008 Pathfinder LE V8 with 62k miles. I have been researching and browsing this forum and it seems like a great resource so I am excited to join the ranks. This truck will be replacing my 1995 Isuzu Trooper, which i've had for 13 years and 193k miles. So far, I really like the new truck - it's faster, more comfortable and is still a real truck(unlike the 13+ pathies). Going to be addressing a few minor issues over the next few days - loose driver's seat, some minor rattles and loose steering. Already put 275 65 18s on the stock wheels and loving the look so far. To sum up - pumped to be here and will be searching/asking questions/contributing soon!

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:32 pm

Welcome.

I have an 08 v8 LE as well. I am also rocking 275/65/18's. The slightly larger size really gives the truck a nice look.

When you refer to a loose seat what do you mean? My drivers seat has alittle free play in the slide mechinism and haven't addressed the issue yes as it's not much concern to me but if you have an easy fix, feel free to post it.

Also, make sure your pathfinder has the newest radiator, if not I would suggest the Bypass until you have one installed.

Congrats on the pathfinder.

DCPathy

Postby DCPathy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks - it seems like there is some play in the sliding mechanism, front to back. It's especially evident when braking and then accelerating - the seat moves around. Not a big deal, ill get to it eventually. The steering is more annoying - certain bumps make it dance around when driving and the front vibrates a bit at 80mph and feels a tad loose. Assuming its either tie rod ends or ball joints in the control arms maybe? Will investigate this weekend. Anywhere I can find a suspension diagram?

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:53 pm

DCPathy wrote:Thanks - it seems like there is some play in the sliding mechanism, front to back. It's especially evident when braking and then accelerating - the seat moves around. Not a big deal, ill get to it eventually. The steering is more annoying - certain bumps make it dance around when driving and the front vibrates a bit at 80mph and feels a tad loose. Assuming its either tie rod ends or ball joints in the control arms maybe? Will investigate this weekend. Anywhere I can find a suspension diagram?
I have the exact same seat issue. I usually move the seat forward or back as a temporary fix which only last a few hours until I have to slam the brakes or has then I feel the slight front to back motion you are mentioning.

If you discover a permanent fix please share, I haven't investigated yet to determine what it could be.

As for the the 80mph vibrations and the darting of the steering when hitting bumps or bridge joints on the highway. I think everyone has determined the darting it a poor engineering within the suspension geometry. Many, many complaints of this in the forum. I think new shocks (bilstein HD), and alignment are the best fixes. People have reported it really helps. Also a softer tire pressure helps greatly. I run mine at 35.0psi.
As for the 80mph vibs I would recommend a tire Balance, front U joints and wheel bearing inspections. When you get vibrations is 90% of the time cause by something rotating and not something such as the tie rod or balls joint unless they are on their way out, in which case you should notice popping and creaking at slower speeds.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I have 108k now and ever since I hit 100k I have been doing a major preventative maintenance regiment. Pretty much replacing every suspension component, wheel bearing, all fluids, and typical wear items throughout the whole car. Needless to say I am almost done.

As for the diagram, check out courtesy parts nissan. Their web page shows a nice layout of suspension when looking at their parts catalog.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:22 am

I have an 08 V8 also. I just went over 90K miles. Going strong. Only thing I hate is the MPGs but glad gas prices have dropped recently.

Pathfinder33

Postby Pathfinder33 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 am

Welcome :)

DCPathy

Postby DCPathy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:51 am

Some pics:

Image[/img]

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Good looking Pathfinder. I live in Utah and thought I'd have snow but that does not seem to be the case this year.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Awesome, one of the rare ones. :)

Do you happen to have a front tow hook? I was just wondering because the majority of V8 LE's don't seem to have one, mine included. Every other option in the book imaginable/possible, but no tow hook. :roll:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:50 pm

NmexMAX wrote:Awesome, one of the rare ones. :)

Do you happen to have a front tow hook? I was just wondering because the majority of V8 LE's don't seem to have one, mine included. Every other option in the book imaginable/possible, but no tow hook. :roll:
I didn't even know that was an option

DCPathy

Postby DCPathy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:08 am

Nope, no front tow hook here. Also no navigation, but I don't care about that. Has everything else(I think)...

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Hey man the truck is really coming together. It's looking great.

I just realized you are now lifted and have the same tires I have. Cooper ATP 275/65/18. After you have a few days to drive with the lift let me know what you think. I've been debating to go the same route.

Also, have you had a chance to find s fix for the drivers seat? I think this next week or two I'll investigate the issue and post back if I find a solution.

DCPathy

Postby DCPathy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks! Yup, now lifted! So far one day in and I love it. I say go for it - for $500, the ride was completely transformed. Granted I haven't driven any other lift options but the truck feels nice and tight, bump steer is greatly reduced(but not eliminated - need to look into it further) and on super-bumpy roads, it just powers through. I like it a lot.

No fix for the seat yet, havent looked into it. A more annoying problem is wind noise coming from the rear doors at highway speeds so need to either adjust doors or replace seals I'm guessing. Seat comes next, let me know if you find anything.

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:46 pm

I looked into the seat a little today. I didn't remove it but did alittle
Inspecting from the rear. I am 99% sure it's a bushing on the slide rod that makes it go from front to back. I would have to remove the seat and remove the rail to fully inspect but I believe that to be the culprit. Gives it about a 1/2" of free play. It should be that hard to fix its just a matter of having the time to pull the seat out and dismantle the seat rails. I won't have that time for a few weeks as I'll be traveling out of town. But when I get back I plan to give it a shot. I'll keep you posted, unless you decide to tackle it first.

Also, do you mind posting some side and rear pics of the pathy with the lift. I am curious what it looks like with our tires.
Thanks again.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”