From the green oval.

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NISSANDY64

From the green oval.

Postby NISSANDY64 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Sadly my Disco II has come to the end of it's reliable life and I don't want to to go to any of the new Land Rovers so I now have a 2010 Pathfinder 2.5 Tekna. I do hope the the Nissan forums are as good as the Land Rover ones are.

Andy.

radeonDEUS

Postby radeonDEUS » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:30 am

Hey Andy!

This forum is pretty good so far, despite my being a newer member. I will say there is more viewing and less posting than I'd like, but the amount of info here is pretty awesome. Some very knowledgeable folk who are usually willing to share (if it hasn't already been covered on here multiple times :wink:).

What kind of things are you planning for your Pathy? Is the 2.5 Tekna the diesel version? If so it is not available in the US, very interested to hear more about it!

NISSANDY64

Postby NISSANDY64 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:34 am

Hi,

It is the diesel version and being a 2010 is amazingly economical and supper torquey. Just did 250 drive getting 34MPG which is impressive. Stuck to about 70-80MPH. Was in a hurry on way back and was impressed with it's comfort a speeds above that.

Andy

radeonDEUS

Postby radeonDEUS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:58 am

nice! I unfortunately have been using mine as a daily driver, would love to keep the miles low, but I do end up commuting 20 mins each way every day on the highway. I travel just over 80 and even with a tire that has a slipped band or is slightly out of round, it is smooth and easy...I have the 4.0L V6 and it definitely seems to be a well tuned engine. SUPER jealous about your diesel though, would absolutely LOVE one.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 am

You'll get fewer replies just because we are jealous of your diesel engine! :)

This forum is definitely more focused on North American built and owned pathys, when there are issues regarding fuel for Euro Diesels, we aren't much help...

Welcome to the forum.

NISSANDY64

Postby NISSANDY64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 am

disallow wrote:You'll get fewer replies just because we are jealous of your diesel engine! :)
It is a quite remarkable engine and with amazing economy too. I am a very happy chap!

NISSANDY64

Postby NISSANDY64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:24 am

radeonDEUS wrote:Hey Andy!

This forum is pretty good so far, despite my being a newer member. I will say there is more viewing and less posting than I'd like, but the amount of info here is pretty awesome. Some very knowledgeable folk who are usually willing to share (if it hasn't already been covered on here multiple times :wink:).

What kind of things are you planning for your Pathy? Is the 2.5 Tekna the diesel version? If so it is not available in the US, very interested to hear more about it!
Yes it's the diesel version. it will be the family bus. We have two daughters 3 and 7, a caravan to tow across Europe and lots of trips in the UK. Will be kept on the black stuff not the brown muddy stuff. My biggest priority is to understand it's susceptibility to rust! I am not a fan of waxoyl to be honest.

NISSANDY64

Postby NISSANDY64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:29 am

radeonDEUS wrote:nice! I unfortunately have been using mine as a daily driver, would love to keep the miles low, but I do end up commuting 20 mins each way every day on the highway. I travel just over 80 and even with a tire that has a slipped band or is slightly out of round, it is smooth and easy...I have the 4.0L V6 and it definitely seems to be a well tuned engine. SUPER jealous about your diesel though, would absolutely LOVE one.
getting my replies out of sync here! 4l V6? It's a sound long gone from the UK roads but missed. My pathfinder is a 6 speed manual. I prefer auto's but such are the pathfinders in demand over here that I took what I could get to be honest. Having said that though, the engine is so torquey that gear changes are not too frequent and if it starts ok in 2nd gear so makes the first change quite long.

NISSANDY64

10 week honeymoon period!

Postby NISSANDY64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:33 am

Some little niggles starting to emerge but nothing major. Very very smelly Aircon all of a sudden. Changed the cabin filters which were very clogged but still a mix of rotten eggs and a sour semll coming through when aircon is on. I am 90% sure it is not the cat converter but I need to put a sign in the car..."it's not me...it's the car that is smelly!"still investigating this.

radeonDEUS

Postby radeonDEUS » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm

yikes! that would worry me for sure. havent dealt with that one! wonder if its diesel specific? any updates?

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”