Looking for opinions on a possible purchase ('07 LE)

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

grillheadxl

Looking for opinions on a possible purchase ('07 LE)

Postby grillheadxl » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi all, I hope I'm posting this in the appropriate subforum. I am thinking about buying a Pathfinder, most likely a 2005-2008. I am currently looking at a 2007 LE that they are asking $11,800 for. It has 106,000 miles on it and looks to be in very good condition. It has alot of the bells and whistles (leather, sunroof, nav/backup camera, DVD). Also, it had the transmission and radiator replaced in 2013. Does this seem like a fair price to you guys? Is there anything else in particular I should look for? Thanks!

AtlantaRuffian

Postby AtlantaRuffian » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:01 am

That's an average price for that year and model with those miles (based on a quick search of some classifieds).

The main thing would be to really go into detail on the repairs made with the replaced transmission and radiator as those are the two most problematic areas with that model year (the bypass etc) and it would be wise to make sure it was done properly and why it was only done in 2013 and not earlier.

In any case, if you can confirm that the truck's mechanically sound and wasn't abused or neglected (service records, carfax etc), that seems like a decent starting price.

Hope that helped!

Ariesg

Postby Ariesg » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Agree with AtlantaRuffian. Take it in for a pre-purchase inspection before making your final decision. There's tons of info on this forum that may help you in your decision. I have a 2008 LE that I purchased with an extended warranty - which I recently used to repair the timing chain tensioner issue. Out of pocket was $100 for what the dealer said was a $1300 repair. This, a leaky oil cooler seal and replacement rear hatch struts have been the only issues I've had and I'm coming up on 116,000 miles (knock on wood). Definitely check the radiator model number to see if you have the updated part rather than the one prone to failure. I did the bypass pretty quickly after reading about it on this forum. Good luck!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”