New to the forums. Just saying hello!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Nismo2max

New to the forums. Just saying hello!

Postby Nismo2max » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Just purchased my second Pathfinder. Traded my 03 with 223k miles on her for an 08 SE 4.0. I scoured autotrader for about 3 months looking for the right deal but not much was showing up. Here's what I ended up with. She's got just over 97k. Haven't done much yet except for removing the terrible pinstripe and the 18" rims I found for $110 a piece shipped from eBay with Cooper Adventurer 265 65 18 from pep boys. What an aesthetic difference from the 17" 6 spokes! (They're for sale in CT by the way. PM me for details) Anyway, here's a pic I took over the weekend. Glad to be on the forum!

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Nice rig!

Welcome to the club!

Any future plans for your ride?

Nismo2max

Postby Nismo2max » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks! I've been lurking here for a while getting a feel for which direction I wanna go with her. I'd love to do a lift but I'm in and out of parking garages for work and I'm afraid I won't clear the entrance bumpers. Oh well. I'd like to give her some more performance through intake spacer and a bullydog as well as an airlift in the rear. Should be enough for the time being!

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Also I forgot to mention to you to do the By-Pass before its too late if you haven't done it.

You do not want the coolant contaminating the tranny. My had contamination at 90K and needed a new tranny because of it.

Just search By Pass and you'll find what I am talking about.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Well I did the searching for you and found "the" thread about the bypass:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ght=bypass

Some more info from a Frontier site:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/t ... now-57547/

I personally just swapped the hose on the passenger side of the radiator and where it goes to the tranny. So it just loops in the radiator. I'll try to get a photo.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Hard to explain without pointing it out to you but I just swapped these hoses so the tranny hose just loops back into the tranny. The radiator hose just stays looped in the radiator.

Good thing about doing this is you dont have to buy anything or cut anything.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:16 pm

just did the bypass. easier done than describing it. but I did not use any additional parts. no coupler, no hose clamp (reuse original), no zip tie.

you have 2 hoses -
hose A - from external transmission cooler to radiator (passenger side)
hose B - from radiator (driver side) to engine block.

take hose A off radiator (passenger side) and plug into engine block
take hose B off engine block and plug into radiator (passenger side), forming a loop within.

reuse all the old hose and clamp. length is perfect.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 pm

That info is from another member but explains it perfect with a photo.

Nismo2max

Postby Nismo2max » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 am

Hmm I thought the effected radiators were only before 08. I'm gonna have to look into this over the weekend. Did you have a lot of radiator fluid spill out of the hoses? Is it worth it to flush beforehand? Thanks a bunch for the info!

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:10 am

Welcome! :D

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Well it may have be fixed in 2008 but imo better safe then sorry.
I wouldn't bother doing a flush before.
You really dont look any tranny fluid. I hardly had top ad any. Maybe half a quart.
Well tranny fluid will come out of the hoses. If coolant comes out then you have a problem. That'll mean you have a failed radiator and everything is contaminated.
If your really fast and can cover the hoses from leaking then you shouldn't have to top of very little.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”