1991 2.7 Turbo Diesel in Central America

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

honduranpath

1991 2.7 Turbo Diesel in Central America

Postby honduranpath » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:46 am

Hello all. Over the past two years of owning my '91 2.7 TD four-door, I've fallen in love with it. It is coming up on 400,000 kms now, and it is in truly remarkable cosmetic and mechanical shape. I've done little to it up until this point, a custom roof rack and fog lights being the extent of modification, but am now looking to modify/upgrade the suspension.

I live several kilometers off the main road up a terrible, rutted-out dirt road in rural Honduras. We have lived here for several years as a part of the community development organization we work with, and have seen its road eat many a vehicle, especially in the rainier months. It is not unusual for my daily commute to require four-wheel drive or getting a rope out of the back to pull someone else through/out of the road. In the past, this used to be something I did for entertainment, now I do it out of necessity. My former hobby (here shared by all) has served me well.

Over the years, I've owned a 4.0 Cherokee, a Tacoma, a Suzuki Samurai, and a Frontier, and I think that this probably has become my favorite off-road vehicle to date.

Thanks all for welcoming me here to the forum. I'm looking forward to picking your brains on the possible suspension upgrades. Thanks in advance for your help.

Grace and peace to all.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”