JBLM

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

TooTallMike

JBLM

Postby TooTallMike » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Traded in the 07 sebring for an 07 Pathy SE 4x4 with 69k miles. Immediately bypassed the tranny cooler and added a secondary. Also added HIDs. Would like to do alot more to it and that's why I'm here. Love the new car and this forum. Here she is. Image

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Welcome and nice pathy
what route you thinking of going with you pathy?

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Thupertrooper wrote:Welcome and nice pathy
what route you thinking of going with you pathy?
Thank you...I haven't quite decided but for now I'm looking at blacking out the rims and debating whether I should change out all fluids so that I know it's all squared away. Plus I think I need a new belt since it has a slight whine in the morning on startup and looks on the older side but other than that I'm open to whatever could be done as far as performance/reliability.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:22 am

At 69k the transmission fluid should be ok as for the engine coolant and diffs it would be nice to start clean
Thinking of plasti dip on rims?

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:14 am

Thupertrooper wrote:At 69k the transmission fluid should be ok as for the engine coolant and diffs it would be nice to start clean
Thinking of plasti dip on rims?
I'll probably start on the other fluids first and I was considering plasti dip but I also read up on here about someone who sprayed dupli color bedliner and it coming out pretty good. Only issue is the Washington rain won't let up.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:50 am

I dont know if you like chrome but if my pathy was white i would plasti dip all the chrome white

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:03 am

Thupertrooper wrote:I dont know if you like chrome but if my pathy was white i would plasti dip all the chrome white
you mean like white on white? Doesn't plasti dip rub off over time? I really like matte black though

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Yes plasti dip will rub off like start peeling
Black on white makes it look like a work truck
Just my opinion lol

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Thupertrooper wrote:Yes plasti dip will rub off like start peeling
Black on white makes it look like a work truck
Just my opinion lol
well I bought some bedliner and a scuffing pad to make the surface more welcoming to the paint and I'll see what I can paint if at all since this weather is unpredictable. I won't mind it looking like a work truck lol I'll be hauling Deer outta the woods anyway! Wouldn't want the chrome to give my position away either....

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”