Proud New Owner of 2010 Pathfinder SE in Los Angeles

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

dustinlocke

Proud New Owner of 2010 Pathfinder SE in Los Angeles

Postby dustinlocke » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi all,

I sold my '07 Frontier five years ago and have finally landed back in a Nissan. Purchased a few days ago with 60k miles.

Pictures or it isn't real:

Plans as of now:
  • Bypass radiator *or* replace radiator (I spend some time in Utah winters and am concerned about cold fluid. Also read that the longer hose bypass on '08-10's can be problematic?)

Restore black plastic on running boards

Airlift 1000, hopefully
Anything else I should keep my eye on?

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:26 am

Nice Pathfinder and welcome
With purchasing a new vehicle i like to start by checking fluids and starting with a fresh oil change.
Just my piece of mind

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:21 am

I would just dump the radiator and have a nice shinny new one installed esp if you plan to keep the truck. And if your timing chain is making noise then you may as well get that out of the way at the same time.

dustinlocke

Postby dustinlocke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 am

Kestral wrote:I would just dump the radiator and have a nice shinny new one installed esp if you plan to keep the truck. And if your timing chain is making noise then you may as well get that out of the way at the same time.
Any recommendations of aftermarket radiators? Also is it true that replacement radiators are susceptible to the same issues?

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:50 am

Throw up a post in the R51 Engine and trans section about what radiator to get. Not sure if the aftermarket will have the same issue.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”