Hello from Philadelphia

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

TwilightMom

Hello from Philadelphia

Postby TwilightMom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hello all!

I'm new here to these forums, wanted to introduce myself. I'm Maureen, I just purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2006 Pathfinder. I'm really liking it, and am looking to learn all about the car.

I've recently been burned pretty bad by Toyota, and am trying to learn from my mistakes, and take pristine care of my new car. I look forward to learning from you all!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:43 am

welcome...

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:33 am

Welcome. :)

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 am

Welcome to the forums!...... Triffid
Pictures??

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:19 am

Welcome, what part of Phily you from? I spent some time in Chester by the airport for work.

TwilightMom

Postby TwilightMom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 am

I haven't gotten pictures yet, I'll have to do that soon. It's a gray color with black leather interior.

I'm from the Northeast section of Philly, not too close to Chester, but the husband works near there.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

Ben10

Postby Ben10 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:12 pm

How did Toyota burn you? I got a 2008 tacoma and love it.

TwilightMom

Postby TwilightMom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm

I bought a 2005 Sienna, brand new, in 04. About a month ago, the oil pressure light came on, took it to the dealer since it is still under warranty, who said required a new engine due to sludge.

Even though we're still under warranty (the warranty people said I should hug my hubby, since he bought the BEST warranty), they will not cover it, since they deem it's improper maintenance. Even though we had the oil changed according to their standards, we didn't have all of our receipts, so we're SOL.

We decided to try to go with Auto-RX, we figured we had nothing to lose. The dealer took the engine apart, to diagnose it, so we told them to put everything back together. We got the oil changed and added the Auto-RX. The guys at Jiffy Lube informed us that the dealership never put coolant back into the engine.

So my husband left for work the next day, and the car (which never gave us any trouble before the light came on), stalled on the freeway, and started making really strange noises when he got it started again. So he babied it the rest of the way to work (about 2 miles), checked the engine when he got to work, and it was BONE dry. No oil at all.

Our mechanic advised him to look at the tailpipe, and sure enough, it was dripping oil. We really feel that the dealership did a shoddy job re-assembling the engine, and putting the valves/valve cover on, as evidenced by their carelessness by not putting coolant in.

They have quoted us between $4500-11,000 for a new motor. Toyota refuses to stand by their product/warranty, even though the sludge is a known issue with Toyota engines, even with pristine maintenance.

So short story long, we just finished paying off this $30,000 van, and now we have to put several thousand MORE dollars into it to make it run again.

But, at least we have one decent car now, and I'm thankful my husband wasn't killed when the van died in the middle of I-95 during rush hour...

Ben10

Postby Ben10 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 pm

My dad bought a 2007 tundra SR5 brand new and had the truck for about three months and he took it in to the toypta dealership to get and oil change because he was going to bismark the next day. On his way back from bismarck the red engine light came on so he pulled over and checked the oil and it was bone dry. So he had towed back to the dealership where he discovered the oil plug had fell out and thats why there was no oil(needless to say he was mad) so the the service manager said they were goning to replace his engine for free which he didn't like because he thought they were incompetint of installing a new engine to factors specs so finnally he exploded on the service manager and he got them to replace his truck with a brand new one.

miyata_kira

Postby miyata_kira » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 pm

same situation my aunt experience. she was driving this vehicle along the philadelphia when the engine over heated. she did not noticed that thing and still drive it. but then a minute to go there was a sound heard and the engine started to fire. luckily it was not that much strong fire. and the philadelphia auto repair shops manage to fix her car.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”