New Pathfinder owner from southern NY

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

mikeG22NY

New Pathfinder owner from southern NY

Postby mikeG22NY » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Hello everyone, well after stalking around here since February when I bought my pathfinder I am finally deciding to register. I bought a 2008 Pathfinder SE V8 4x4 with 43k on it from a dealer in New Jersey. I was a very happy owner of a 2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 which I purchased new until we found that our family was getting a little larger and that child seat was not going to fit in my extended cab truck which we also towed our RV with. So I decided the pathfinder was a perfect replacement and so far 4 months and 5k miles it has been great especially the first month I owned it.

A week after picking the truck up we had a snow storm that dumped 42" of snow in 16 hours. I was stuck at work and was worried about the pathfinder going home although my frontier was a beast in the snow. To my surprise the pathfinder was not only great in the snow, I think it was better than the frontier.

In April, we purchased a new RV to replace our popup camper we previously had and thanks to the 5.6L v8 it pulls the 5000lbs trailer around with no problems.

Many thanks to all the members about the Air Lift 1000 system information. Towing our new RV home I noticed quite a bit of sloppiness side to side when changing lanes from the independent rear. The truck did not feel stable changing lanes over 60mph which unfortunately on the highways here is a crawl. I took members advice about the Air Lift system, installed it myself and it was the best $85 I ever spent.

I will upload some pictures soon, and am looking forward to sharing information with all the members here. Thank you for all your help already!

-mike G

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:20 am

Welcome to the forums!...... Triffid

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”