New Pathfinder Owner, UK

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

mobilbo

New Pathfinder Owner, UK

Postby mobilbo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 am

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from the UK (Nottinghamshire) and am hoping to pick up a wealth of information on this forum.

In October of this year I part exchanged my trusty 208k miles '04 X-Trail for an 05' T-Spec Pathfinder (both black). I'm happy with the extra space and versatility (main requirement) and extra equipment levels. Had a couple of problems (CD player not working, washer bottle pipes came loose and occasional clutch slip).

Being second hand, the dealer only offers a 30 day warranty (which expired on Saturday 6th Nov), but I raised the issues during this period. Washer bottle reconnected, CD player has been ordered and the clutch situation will be reviewed when I return for CD player fitment. I understand the clutches are not cheap!

Anyway, I am keen to sharpen the steering response as I find the car unweildy by comparison with the X-Trail and I am a spirited driver. I am probably on tarmac 99% of the time, but do venture across fields, down tracks and through water at every opportunity when visiting our house in France or cutting cross country on the way home from work.

So... though this may not be to many peoples taste I have ordered a set of 22" alloys and am deciding upon a tyre. Currently out up front is the General Grabber UHP, with price and performance considered. Although last winter was bad in the UK, I typically don't feel the need for the extra cost of a winter tyre change - I feel Pathfinder's ability and a careful driving attitude are sufficient, though I'd like a tyre that can cope in the snow if necessary.

I had 20" Nankang NS2 tyres on the X-Trail and they coped reasonably well in 20+ cm of snow in Boulogne port last Xmas. So for the right balance between price and capability (with a 'spirted driving on tarmac' bias), is there a tyre in 285x35x22 that can beat the Grabber UHP?

My quick search didn't throw up much about this tyre and or anyone's experience of them. If I'd bought 20" wheels I'd have probably opted for AT2's as I did put them on the X-Trail's standard alloys and was happy with their all round performance.

So that's me and the direction I'm heading in with the Pathfinder. Good to meet you all and happy to receive advice (and criticisms) from more experienced owners.

Cheers,

Kevin
Last edited by mobilbo on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mobilbo

Just posted some pics....

Postby mobilbo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Pitcures now available in the gallery

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 6899#26899

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 am

welcome.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:41 am