New From Salt Lake City, Utah

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Stephen

New From Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby Stephen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Greetings all!

I picked up a 1995 WD21 a little over a month ago and thought that I would introduce myself. My name is Stephen and I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm new to Nissan (sorta, I have a Datsun 510 project) and Pathfinders, but not to the 4-wheeling world. I've owned a 1986 Suzuki Samurai for 12 years and love it. But thats not what I'm here for. ;)

My desire to go on longer camping/overland/expedition style trips with greater comfort and ease and my wife's even stronger desire to not ride in the Samurai whenever possible in non-Miata friendly weather led us to start looking at larger SUV's. I've always been fond of Nissan and the Pathfinder in particular but figured that my wife would not be as interested in older WD21 Pathy's as I was, so I never even brought them up and just focused on R50's. Imagine my surprise when my wife told me she preferred the look of WD21!
So the hunt was on and this is what we found:

A 1995 XE

The best thing about this vehicle is how clean it is. Only 102,000 miles! No rust anywhere on the body or frame and immaculate interior!

These pictures are slightly dated (mostly because of the lovely mid-Decemberesq weather we are having) but the brush guard is now gone and the rack is off for some freshening up.

The future will not bring much for it. The chrome wheels are out as I found some Lego wheels recently and am waiting for some 31/10.5 AT's too show up on my doorstep. I've also sourced a factory Limited Slip for the rear that I'll be rebuilding and throwing in soon. Also I'll be throwing on a mild Old Man Emu lift and new shocks too improve clearance a bit and ride quality. Well hell, why not just show a picture of everything!

This is the biggest vehicle I've ever owned (Samurai, Rabbit, Jetta, Camry, 510, Miata), so it's going to take a little getting used to both on and off the trail. Due to the weather, I haven't had much of a chance to get it on the dirt, but I did take it on a leisurely drive up to the Spiral Jetty north of the Great Salt Lake recently and everything went well with that. Fortunately I have a few multiday trips mapped out for the warmer months so I can see how the Pathy really handles the dirt.

Anyway, greeting all and I hope to see you on the trail!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 am

welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”