New. Need advise B4 I buy USED

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

wpsharpshooter

New. Need advise B4 I buy USED

Postby wpsharpshooter » Tue May 24, 2011 7:10 am

Im looking for a new ride and the pathfinder looks like its winning out. My wife and I are looking to get rid of my Z71 Crew Cab. I was looking at frontiers but have ruled the back seats are just way to small so that leaves me looking at the Pathfinders. Ive always told my wife I liked them (for her) because Ive always seen myself having a truck. Im still trying to cope with the fact that I wont just be able to throw s%*t in the back. We are looking at 06's -08's right now not ruling out anything up to 100k miles. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically on these. Any common problems? Any features I NEED to have. Never owned a pathfinder so I figured Id come here and ask the pros.... Thanks

gond34

Postby gond34 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 am

I can think of two items to be aware of right off the bat..

1) The Pathfinder has a transmission cooler inside the radiator that has a higher failure rate. When it fails, you end up with a strawberry milkshake in your radiator. If it happens, it'll cost ya a new transmission and radiator... about $6,000 from the dealership. Nissan has extended coverage on these parts up to 80,000 miles (can't remember how many years). Also, there is an external cooler as well... With tha being said, there is a way to bypass the cooler in the radiator and it will only cost ya a couple bucks to do (you can search for th thread on here as to how to do it). I have not done this yet myself... My reasoning is that I have an 07 with only 39,000 miles on it... If I approach the time that my warranty on the items or my Certified Pre-Owned warranty comes up, then I'll do the bypass. From what I've read on here, people don't have any problems running on just the external cooler if they don't do a lot of towing.

2) The paint on some of the Pathfinders suck. Look on the roof in the rain channels for surface rust and also on the back tailgate right at the corners of where the "chrome" handle meets the tailgate... I myself have a little bit of surface rust in this location.

Hope this helps!!

wpsharpshooter

Postby wpsharpshooter » Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 am

Helps alot... Thanks

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”