new member from wyoming

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

scotch89

new member from wyoming

Postby scotch89 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:49 pm

hey everyone im one of the new guys :) . will i just recently bought a 2009 silver nissan pathfinder se v6 4.0L. i had a 07 saturn ion redline 2.0L supercharged, and my wife had a 09 chevy cobalt sedan. we decided to trade both cars for this. i actually love it! bose speakers, back up camara. it seems like i find something new each day about the thing. i was wondering if there is a link to everything i should know about these cars. such as recalls, best thing to do to it, certain squeek that everyone has.

scotch89

Postby scotch89 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 pm

also im in to projecters, ive made projecters to fit in my redline and i was wondering if any one has done this, or ebay projecter headlights. i also thought i seen on here that you can run HID's with out blinding people! if so can some one chime in on this. my last HID setup was crappy, to many lines on the road and which lead into me blinding people.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm

welcome to the forum!

I'm sure u can find posts here that cover every last but and bolt in the pathfinder

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri May 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Welcome to the forum. You will find alot of answers here, but there will always be some that require more effort.

As for projector headlamps, I don't think anyone has found a set that will work for the 08-11 edition of the pathfinders. Many online state, 05-08 fitment, however 08 there was a slight face change and the 05-07 lights don't fit. I have an 08 and am still looking for a set of projector headlamps for mine. If you find any, make sure to post your findings.

scotch89

Postby scotch89 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 am

any of you tried these?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=236
there basically a universal fit, hi and low projecter. i installed these in a buddy chevy cavalier. im 100% sure they will fit in these big headlights! pretty simple install as well. it took us a day to do it, but we had to dremel out the shroud to make it fit in his headlight. but ya rely simple. break apart the lens from the headlight, then there is a big wing nut in the back you use to tighten up and thats it. the light quality isn't to bas as well.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat May 28, 2011 6:56 pm

I have not tried them. I've seen a thread on this site that I believe someone has retrofitted the stock housing with a projector lens. If you do it, you should take plenty of pictures and do a write up.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun May 29, 2011 2:58 am

Welcome

scotch89

Postby scotch89 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:43 am

volvite wrote:I have not tried them. I've seen a thread on this site that I believe someone has retrofitted the stock housing with a projector lens. If you do it, you should take plenty of pictures and do a write up.
ya im wanting to see what ddmtuning HID kit will look like before i spend money for projecters. here are some of my work i did on my redline, these are not the projecters i posted a link on, there a ebay set but basically the same concept. gots to love the blue halo :)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm

DDM tuning has good stuff. I've bought all my HID kits through them. However I have never retrofitted stock housing with a projector lens. I've always bought aftermarket headlamps with the projector and then add the HID kit from DDM. I have them on my Jeep and had them in my Mazda 6 that I traded for the Pathfinder.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 am

There area number of videos floating around Youtube that show how to retrofit. Most of the parts involved are fairly cheap & it certainly looks easy in the video. One of the sets of videos even shows the vacuum forming of your own shroud. I've been toying with the idea since I have the stock headlights just sitting in a box & the mini projectors are cheap enough.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”