looking at buying a pathfinder

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

coker

looking at buying a pathfinder

Postby coker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I am looking at a 2008 Pathfinder Sport, it has 104000miles on the clock so its had a hard start in life.

What are people opions on buying such a new car with such high mileage on?

also when I start the car and it was sitting there idiolling, I put the clutch in and the engine seemed to change tone slighty (cant discribe the noise)
Should this be something to be concern about?

Its last service was at 91,000miles

Thank you for your help

Simon

Postby Simon » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:06 am

Sorry, not knowing US models too well, is it a Petrol or Diesel?

The engine changing tone is just that the clutch has stopped the engine driving stuff around, so it'll change note slightly, unless it rattles, or whines I shouldn't worry about it too much.

You said about the last service, is there a full service history with the vehicle, if there is and it's been regular then I'd say if everything else checks out, go for it - specially if the price is good due to the high mileage..

My 1989 Z24 (non injected) Pathfinder has 434,000 kilometres on the dials with the original engine... and it's never missed a beat for me.. Nissan make good engines ;)

I'd say perhaps a 30 point check if available through like your road service organisation or motor club or whatever, then if that checks out then all good, but basically, if it all runs ok it could be a great buy!

Let us know how you get on.

Simon

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 pm

I bought my 08 about 4 months ago with 18k miles on it. Too me for a 3yr old vehicle, over 100k miles is a ton.

Lexxii

Postby Lexxii » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 pm

I have an 08 pathfinder, it shouldnt be making that noise you are hearing i would get it checked out but there the best cars in the entire world so dont let that stop you from getting one!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”