Zombie Pathfinder

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

zuke66

Zombie Pathfinder

Postby zuke66 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:53 am

Hey All

I have a 91 Pathfinder that I bought new the day I graduated college in 1991. It was a daily driver for years and then sat unused for years in the back yard. I fired it up two years ago and spent a year driving around the country including Alaska and Florida and what lies between.

At 240k miles I have recently decided to fix it up and keep it another 20 years. I fixed a bunch of little mechanical problems recently and have started minor bodywork which includes a few rust spots behind the rear wheels. I intend to take it in for new paint come spring. It is the champange color.

I suppose at some point I will have the motor pulled and rebuilt but it runs strong now so will wait till that changes.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:19 pm

welcome.

PapaRomeo51

Postby PapaRomeo51 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:48 pm

That sounds great. I had a 95 model and my two sons grew up in it and it had 225,000 + miles on it and was still going strong. I recently put my step son in it to help him out. I love my new 05 model, but I feel like I lost an old friend with my 95 gone. That vehicle could easily be on the road another 10 years.

jpistrit

Postby jpistrit » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey, i have a 91 white Pathfinder (manual) that has had its transmission rebuilt, has 297K miles on it, every one of them driven by me (ok it had 8 miles on it at delivery, on Nov 8, 1990).

It'll be celebrating its 20th year quite soon.

I *almost* parted with it when Cash for Clunkers happened, but i'm glad I didnt. Runs good. I have a couple of little issues (door locks, the trip odometers dont work anymore, need to replace the seatbelts and maybe get the seats reupholstered, but its a great vehicle).

Whats more, here in the East Bay of California, i see pathfinders of a very similar age to mine on the road all the time. I passed one going into the Central Computer parking lot in Newark just this afternoon. I think it was a 91 or a 92.

They last forever out here.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”