Hello From Brazil

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

wddgodoy

Hello From Brazil

Postby wddgodoy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi, I've just bought a 1993 Pathfinder XE. What makes this car different is that it has only 7,500 original miles on its odometer. It sat 15 years in a warehouse of the Brazilian Customs, because it import process was irregular. Finally in 2008 it was put on auction, the winner replaced all belts and injectors, as well as the original battery. He then sold the car to a friend who kept it for 2 years, with occasional road trips and a rew offroad incursions. Now it's mine and I plan to replace the original General Ameritrac tires, which show signs of becoming brittle.

All in all it's a sort of "time capsule", a brand-new old car.

Thanks.
Wagner

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 pm

welcome to the club!

if i were you i'd store it for another few decades and sell it as a classic :wink:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 pm

That's crazy.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:57 am

welcome.

wddgodoy

Postby wddgodoy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 pm

volvite wrote:That's crazy.
Yes, it sounds crazy but the Customs warehouses are full of such treasures. The paperwork to import a car is enormous and detailed and if you make a single mistake the whole process is deemed invalid. It was a personal import, as opposed of factory-imports, like those done by Nissan Brazil. When you import by yourself better have someone knowledgeable to help you. This guy didn't care and seemly made lots of mistakes. The car was seized upon arrival, he sued the Customs and the process took 15 years to go through 3 levels of appeals. Then in 2008 the final appeal was turned down and he lost the case.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”