New from MN

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

SuperBlack11

New from MN

Postby SuperBlack11 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi,

Today I bought my first Nissan. Its a 2011 Pathfinder LE 4.0 (w/o Nav). I couldn't be more excited. I've been looking at them for the past two years and pulled the trigger today. She's black on charcoal. I've got my buffer handy to keep her shiny.

I opted for the Pathy over the MDX because I like the more rugged ride. The MDX was nice, but it didn't feel the way an SUV should. It felt like a car.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next decade of being a Pathfinder owner.

Nick

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:51 am

welcome to the forums!

glad you nabbed a new one before they change the design,

rumor has it the next one wont be body-on-frame

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Welcome

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:08 am

That is awsome. I thought I might be the only one that felt that way. I like the Pathy's ride too. I bought mine on 9/29 and it is also a 2011. I opted for the SV though because I'm not too partial to leather seats especially in Florida.

Welcome to the forum.

SuperBlack11

Postby SuperBlack11 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:15 pm

mar1 wrote:welcome to the forums!

glad you nabbed a new one before they change the design,

rumor has it the next one wont be body-on-frame
Yeah, I really like the body-on-frame design. The Acura dealer laughed when I said the MDX drove too much like a car. I was afraid the 13's would be a unibody, much like the new Explorers.

I really like the styling of the Pathy, especially with the LE wheels.

SuperBlack11

Postby SuperBlack11 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:16 pm

hfrez wrote:That is awsome. I thought I might be the only one that felt that way. I like the Pathy's ride too. I bought mine on 9/29 and it is also a 2011. I opted for the SV though because I'm not too partial to leather seats especially in Florida.

Welcome to the forum.
How does your SV ride with bags? That was the first thing I thought of getting. Where they an easy install?

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Install was very easy. I was able to fit the bag into the springs without any tools as you can see in the pics. I also have a 7Pin hitch conversion and used it for my air nipples to keep the bags inflated. I did not use the T fitting but rather have control over each bag separately, hence the two nipples.

I love the AirLift 1000 bags. On takeoff the truck stays horizontal and does not go into a rear knee bend. I have the K&N FIPK and it helps with the response on takeoff. The other thing I noticed was the stability in turns especially on the on-ramps through hard acceleration. It’s almost like having a sway bar in the rear.

I keep the bags at 13 psi at normal usage. It feels a bit harder in the rear going over bumps but you still get a nice bounce.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”