New owner in NM

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

leadpig

New owner in NM

Postby leadpig » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Just collected my new Pathfinder last weekend, SV 4x4 in Dark Slate. A 2012, one of the last I guess before the replacement. Certainly it was priced like it although it makes this specific trim level with the 4wd hard to find. Very impressed so far, a nice smooth drive and good grief, it goes! Even being gentle on the fresh engine there's quite a bit of oomph. Of course, I did unload a 10 year old Saturn station wagon that I'd been driving since new and our other car is a Versa, so I guess the new one doesn't have much to live up to in the giddyup department. Dogs love the rear glass opening (a strong reason for the purchase!) and I'm sure will appreciate the rear AC when summer comes. Kids love it because it's new, wife loves it because I've stopped obsessing over what to by. A win-win all around!

Two comments: I was surprised to find no internal fuel door release, just an always-unlocked flap. Even the Versa has a remote pull next to the hood release. Secondly, the TPMS - the manual states the numbers are displayed randomly, which seems rather pointless and no more use than the Versa's low pressure warning light, since you have to get out and find the problem anyway. Plus, I find the display reads about 3lbs less than measured by a dial gauge. Anyone else notice this? Not much of a concern, just curious.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: New owner in NM

Postby eieio » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Welcome to the forum leadpig, and congratulations on your new truck! :)
leadpig wrote:Dogs love the rear glass opening (a strong reason for the purchase!)
are you driving while the rear glass is open?
if so, i'd be afraid of exhaust fumes being drawn into the cabin - just a thought
leadpig wrote: Two comments: I was surprised to find no internal fuel door release, just an always-unlocked flap.
if it's the same as mine, the fuel door is only locked when the doors are locked

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:08 pm

are you driving while the rear glass is open?
Thanks for the concern (I should have clarified!), but no I'm not quite that dumb. Dogs just love it when stationary. My chocolate lab would sit there all day in the driveway just watching the world go by; the terrier bounces up and down constantly (although he does that most of the time anyway).

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome! Like the color.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:42 am

welcome

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:40 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm not very happy with the tpms in the pathfinder. Never been a big fan of the whole idea until I was deployed this last summer. The wife was driving and the light came on. She pulled over, read the manual and found out what it meant. Took it too a local tire shop and they found the nail in the tire. It was a relif to know the car was watching out for her, but like you said it does not tell you the exact tire. Oh well, hope you enjoy your pathfinder. :D

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”