2005 Pathfinder in VA

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

sparco1028

2005 Pathfinder in VA

Postby sparco1028 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:03 am

The wife and I just had twin girls so the jeep had to go.... we traded it for an 05 SE Off Road with 41k on it. We bought it so we could drive the girls and the dog out to the beach at the outer banks.

as soon as i figure out how to attach images I will throw some up.[/img]

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Welcome. The best way to post pictures is to upload them to an online photo site such as photobucket and then just copy and paste the image link in your post. What kind of Jeep did you have? I had a Grand Cherokee before getting my pathfinder. You'll like the Pathfinder. It's a great all around vehicle. Since you have an 05 I would strongly suggest bypassing the transmission cooler in the radiator. There's lots of info about that on this site. Bascially the tranmission cooler in the bottom of the radiator is prone to leaking and when it does engine coolant enters the tranmission and then its bye bye transmission. Not trying to scare you but wanted to save you tons of headache and repair $$$$.

sparco1028

Postby sparco1028 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Thank you for the welcome and the pic info. I've been reading up on the transmission issue. Is it basically not a maybe but rather a when its gonna happen failure? Are there anymore issues that I'm over looking?

Also, the family and I are going to be going to the beach a lot over the summer and I mean driving on the beach. I've never been stuck before but that was in a jeep.... Besides airing down tires anything else that normally bites a parishioner in the butt?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:57 pm

No it's not certain that it will fail but the collateral damage caused by the radiator is significant. Nissan did issue an extended warranty for the radiator but I don't believe it covered damage caused to the transmission as a result.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:17 am

welcome. do the bypass

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”