Newbie from Dubai

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

chrisdxb82

Newbie from Dubai

Postby chrisdxb82 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:51 am

How do folks, My name is Chris originally from Glasgow now living in Dubai.

Need to learn some stuff about my car. Its an 08 plate with full spec.

Dvd system Satnav heated seats. I only have 2 blanks in the car and they are just in front of the shifter and are between the front heated seats switches.

Can anyone tell me what these buttons should be?

Thanks in advance

Chris

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 am

Not sure if they are exactly the same as the vehicles built for the USA, but one should be the "VDC off" the other should be the "downhill assist". Hope that helps and welcome to the forum.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:21 pm

if its from Arabian Autos, its American spec. and you should already have a VDC off aside from the blanks.

chrisdxb82

Postby chrisdxb82 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:25 pm

No its GCC spec,

Don't have a VDC button both are blank.

I have an issue with my stereo remote controls on my steering wheel. anyone got any advice.

If the wheel is straight it wont work but the slightest tilt and it works as it should.

not sure whats going on sadly

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:46 pm

In 08, Nissan UAE offered the pathfinder in 5 models, XE, SE1, SE2, LE1, LE2

LE1 had nav/dvd, sunroof, bluetooth, no leather, no VDC.
LE2 had nav/dvd, leather, wood trim, VDC, chrome side moldings

GCC pathfinders in UAE whether its Alyoosuf or AWR are american specs with larger radiators, minus the US emissions standards. they just call them GCC spec to differentiate between the ones imported and the locally sold ones w/ warranty. its a bit unusual since GCC usually follow eurospecs instead of US. also US pathies have many different interior dashboard layouts, UAE 08s only have one dashboard with the buttons disabled if you get the lower trim package. US gets V8 in SE/LE, UAE only gets V6

anyways... VDC is pretty useless in my opinion, so you're not missing out on a lot. also no hills in Dubai, so downhill assist is not needed as well.
empty spaces for buttons will come in handy later if you want to put in any additional lights, or maybe a front cam, thermal scanner, headrest DVD, or anything else you can think of.

regarding your steering wheel problem, unfortunately there are 0.0004% of the mechanics in Dubai capable of actually locating and fixing a problem. take it to the dealership, they'll check the problem for free* and give you a quote. if its reasonable go for it, or else at least you'd know what the problem is.

* they'll check free if it was serviced until warranty expiry at Nissan.

if you want to avoid the dealership, theres a few excellent electricians. try Gulf Wireless on Sheikh Zayed Road (they do all the police cruiser cars screens and cameras, Sound on Wheels in Deira.

also, welcome to the forums :wink:

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 am

welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”