Hello From SOCAL

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

ivanqz

Hello From SOCAL

Postby ivanqz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 am

Hi Path forum,
I few weeks ago I purchased a 2005 Path SE 4WD in mint condition with 65K on the odometer for $14K. It will be for work and personal use.

I am a telecommunication technician working mostly on Verizon Wireless equipment. I could be in Los Angeles one day, Arizona border the next and San Diego the day after.
I previous work vehicle was a F250 4WD which I got with 80k miles back in 2008 and it now has 300K miles and still running strong.

I chose the Path because I needed a vehicle that would be comfortable on the highway but still capable to get up to the mountain relay stations that I sometimes work on. Also, that F250 was killing my back.
I was really torn between the Xterra and the Path but since it will spend 90% of its time on the highway I chose the path.

A week after I got it I ordered new shocks because they were worn out and rusted badly. The path come from Wisconsin were it spent all its life with a single owner and judging by the mileage, it was probably a winter vehicle only.
I also removed the side rails, I never liked those, I did the same with my F250.

The Shocks are
Front: Rancho Quick lift loaded
Rear: Rancho 9000XL with spacers
I have them set maxed to 9 for street and 5 when I go off road.

here are some pictures I took the other day at a Mountain top east of Los Angeles.

This is my F250

I also have Nissan 240sx which I rebuilt the engine myself and converted from auto to 5 speed. There many other mods like coil over suspension, aluminium drive shaft helical differential, etc. I am hoping not to get too crazy with the modifications with my new Path, Although, I have been thinking a lot about the Diesel engine available in Europe for the R51...LOL

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:16 am

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I like the red. You don't see too many in that color. Not to alarm you but take a look at the transmission cooler failure sub-forum if you haven't already and read up on the different ways to prevent the transmission cooler failure. Nissan did extend the warranty to 80,000 miles but you'll probably be past that soon with the amount of driving you do.

ivanqz

Postby ivanqz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 pm

deermjd wrote:Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I like the red. You don't see too many in that color. Not to alarm you but take a look at the transmission cooler failure sub-forum if you haven't already and read up on the different ways to prevent the transmission cooler failure. Nissan did extend the warranty to 80,000 miles but you'll probably be past that soon with the amount of driving you do.
Thanks!
I didn't have much of a choice on the color but it has grown on me.

I was aware of the radiator issue before I bought it. I made sure I got a good look at the coolant before I bought it. I just got the bypass tube so I will be doing it this weekend.

Good to hear about the warranty extension. I need to look in to this.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”