Vancouver Canada

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

sdg1963

Vancouver Canada

Postby sdg1963 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 pm

I am happy I found this forum. Been a happy owner of a 2008 SE. Only regrets is i dont have the Navigation option on my rig. Would be nice having all those maps and hands free for the mobile phone!

I love the SUV. 7-passengers when we need to take the kids' friends on field trips, etc. Hockey bags and equipment fit into it like a breeze. Travelled from Vancouver to Southern Oregon this past summer and loved the way the car handled. Driving on the beach was a blast, knowing that I wouldnt get stuck or into any difficulty.

Thinking of upgrading headlights to projector, halo-style type. Any suggestions on that? Pros/Cons? Need to replace the struts on the rear hatch as it doesnt always stay in the up position. Came close to banging my head a few times. Need to replace one of the cruise control switches on the steering wheel as it isnt working, any ideas on how easy this is done, and where parts are to be found?

Cheers, and thanks in advance for all suggestions to aforementioned issues.

[/b]

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:46 pm

welcome!

unfortunately the projector style halos that you see floating around are only for 05-07. nissan did a minor redesign for the front end for '08-12, so it's not just a bolt on/bolt off deal for the headlights....

rear struts do go out. i need to order my 2nd (already replaced once from orig) set soon as my lift gate is starting to sag. however the glass shocks are still orig and are just now also starting to go out.

not sure on the cruise switch/steering wheel stuff.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:58 pm

was actually looking on courtesyparts.com for something else steering wheel related and found this, which is probably what you're looking for.

by the pictures, it looks like maybe there's only a couple screws on the back and cliips on the front that actually hold it on?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/25550na-sw ... cPath=6833&

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 pm

errrr, nope, nevermind. looks like you have to remove the airbag to get to those screws:

sdg1963

Thanks DRJones

Postby sdg1963 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:24 pm

I appreciate your responses very much.
I found this on Amazon re the projector lights:
http://www.amazon.com/111112-Nissan-Pro ... sbs_auto_4

any thoughts? they assure it will fit The 2008 SE model which I have.

As for the cruise control switch, the link you sent was very helpful. I am a little concernec with fiddling with the airbag. How easy is it to handle, etc? Any chance of it exploding one me....those are the concerns I have. Not afraid to do the work at all, just wondering how delicate it is.

thanks much.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. As for the link on the headlights, I looked and there was a question farther down that showed it fits 05-08. That however can't be true. Like Doctahjones pointed out, in 08 there was a mild body refresh where the front end of the Pathfinders was extended to make room for the V8. The headlights from 05-07 will not fit an 08-12 Pathfinder. There are many of us here on the forum that have looked but we still have been unable to find someone that makes lights for the 08-12 version.

sdg1963

REMOVING AIRBAG

Postby sdg1963 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Seems quite easy to do, I found this video, while not a Pathfinder, it is a Nissan and controls and steering wheel look exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDv-IYVPP0

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:53 pm

i can assure you that it won't fit your '08, if it did half of us on here would already have them! :) really though someone did order one and although it was 'guaranteed' to fit, it indeed did not fit.

as for the airbag thing, i'm right there with you. as far as i know you just unplug a few things and you're good, but i've never done it myself.

sdg1963

gas consumption

Postby sdg1963 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:09 pm

While I have your attention, do any of you have suggestions for product(s) to help increase fuel economy?

knewbwee

Postby knewbwee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I have my halo projector headlamps on my o5 pathfinder however i dont like it, i cant see a damm thing at night. thats why im doing my OEM projectors headlights and i used Fiat 500 projector just click the link below for pic.

[/img]http://s750.photobucket.com/user/r51pat ... =3&o=0[img]

[/img]http://s750.photobucket.com/user/r51pat ... =3&o=4[img][/img]

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”