New forum member from Nebraska/AZ

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Godzirra

New forum member from Nebraska/AZ

Postby Godzirra » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Hello all! I'm a new forum member here. I have owned my '05 Pathfinder since new. It's blk LE model with factory Bose and DVD player. I've been looking around here as a guest and I've notice there's a lot of information that I was unaware of. I live in Nebraska and recently drove my Pathfinder from my condo in Phoenix, AZ to Nebraska. I originally was going to give my Pathfinder to my neice but she had just purchased a vehicle for her birthday. I figured I would hold onto the Pathfinder for a few more years. It has 79,985 miles on her.

I was reading the thread about the radiator/transmission issue and drove to the Stealership to talk to one of the shop guys. My fluid looks clean and it was just a concern I had. They were all well aware of the issue and couldnt really help me much. They just confirmed all that was posted here...extended warranty and all. They did mention that Nissan fixed the issue for the '09 model year and up. Well, I have owned Nissans all my life and never had any issues with any of them. Fingers crossed! Cheers!

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Oh, and heres a few pics:

I just finished polishing and wanted to see both in the sunlight:

and here's my baby:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find what your looking for and that GTR is beautiful. If you ever need someone to take care of it for you, just let me know.

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks volvite. lol The GT-R is my first supercar. I just wished they offered a sunroof or something! I understand that a sunroof or anything open air would throw off the car's performance. Everything on there has a purpose. 's a blast to drive and there's no way you can't just not speed in it. I put less than 3,000 miles since purchase in July. I'm happy with 545 hp stock but I'm thinking about doing Alpha upgrade. Cant make up my mind.

Oh, and thank you for your service. I was stationed at McChord AFB :D

akley88

Postby akley88 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:22 am

Godzirra wrote:Thanks volvite. lol The GT-R is my first supercar. I just wished they offered a sunroof or something! I understand that a sunroof or anything open air would throw off the car's performance. Everything on there has a purpose. 's a blast to drive and there's no way you can't just not speed in it. I put less than 3,000 miles since purchase in July. I'm happy with 545 hp stock but I'm thinking about doing Alpha upgrade. Cant make up my mind.

welcome. and i say go for the Alpha Omega package

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:09 am

I almost bought a Blk Cherry 370 this past summer.

Welcome, and VERY nice stable of transportation you have there.

Any pics of the Range? I looked at one before I bought my Pathfinder too.

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:47 am

welcome. and i say go for the Alpha Omega package[/quote]

Tough decision. I'm still researching packages and bolt ons. I want to buy an R8 convertible for my next fun vehicle or something similar of that class. This GT-R has opened my eyes to a lot of exotics...though I do love killing them! Plus you can't compete with the value of the GT-R vs other exotics out there. I've had some fun with her in stock form. Rides like it's on rails, slightly rough bc or the tires.

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:07 pm

@NmexMAX - what made you decide against the 370Z? I originally wanted a blk 370Z but blk cherry was the only one they had available with the options i wanted.

heres a few pics of my Range. It's an HSE Luxury edition. has the black "Landrover badge" instead of the green ones.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Holy shti that's awesome.

I still haven't ruled thte 370 out completely. So, I''m still shopping, since I never did buy anything since then.

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks!

Have you thought of any other vehicles? I've owned a '91 300ZX TT and an '05 350Z Roadster. I love the Z. Back then, I've looked at BMW Z4 and Porsche Boxster S. I chose the 350Z strictly on "more bang for the buck." Compared to the GT-R, the Z seems much more difficult to get out of. For some reason, the Z's seats seem to sit lower than the GT-R. My Z is in another state so I can't compare them side by side. Even though I didnt really like the blk cherry color at first, it has grown on me.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Godzirra wrote:Thanks volvite. lol The GT-R is my first supercar. I just wished they offered a sunroof or something! I understand that a sunroof or anything open air would throw off the car's performance. Everything on there has a purpose. 's a blast to drive and there's no way you can't just not speed in it. I put less than 3,000 miles since purchase in July. I'm happy with 545 hp stock but I'm thinking about doing Alpha upgrade. Cant make up my mind.

If I remember correctly the 2015 GTR is supposed to put out over 600 hp stock. You could always trade in later. As for the Z, I've always wanted a 300ZX TT. I never did get around to that, and I don't see that happening anytime soon until the kids are older.

I'm from Spokane and spent plenty of time at Fairchild, but I've been to McChord. Too much rain on the west side of WA for me.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 am

welcome. love the toys. considering a gt-r myself.

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 am

@ volvite - I believe the 2015 Nissan Nismo GT-R will have 600 hp stock. I dont remember seeing any figures as far as price, but on the GTR forums, we all are thinking somewhere in the mid $150k range. The 2015 GT-R gets refreshed headlights and tails. Here's a few pics of the Nismo version from the GTR forums> The 2015's will have same headlights and tails.

I was at Fairchild AFB for part of my tech school back in the days. Yes, Tacoma area definitely had a lot of rain! I hope you are able to find a nice 300ZX TT down the road when you are ready. I miss mine. I sold it while I was in the service and had to spend time in Japan. That Z was pearl white.

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 am

@ JAHBLESSINGS - Thank you! Everyone here seems very friendly.

The GT-R is a blast to drive and very addicting! I'll share my experience. I wasn't really in the market of buying one this year. I got a phone call from my dealer friend and he mentioned they had a brand new GT-R sitting in the showroom for a few months....IN BLACK!! This was their first ever new GT-R. I've seen them sell used ones (all silver) in the past, like 2009 models. I did a few searches on the net and found that the new ones output 545hp compared to the old 480hp. I came to have a look and it was stunning. The paint has a funky metallic to it that I've never seen on a car. You can really see it when the sun hits it. Anyways, the general manager had to come down and drive the car out of the building for me to test drive. They said that they have not let anyone test drive the GT-R so far. It had 14 miles on it from the GT-R techs re-tuning the car from factory and to tune it to current altitude...etc. After my test drive I knew I wanted it and it was the color that I wanted. There's maybe 4 other older GT-Rs in my city and I would have the only black one in town. Not bad. The sticker was well under $110k and they mentioned there's normally a markup of $20k. The manager offered the GT-R for $93k. MSRP is $100k I believe. I got the discount for being a loyal, longtime Nissan Customer. I couldn't resist the offer and signed my life away.

I know they are suppose to completely remodel the GT-R for 2016 to include adding an extra gear. Next year they are just updating the headlights and tails....no work on hp tweak. Let me know if you have any questions. I know there were issues with the transmission on the early models. There are exterior differences between the earlier models and mine. I have a carbon fiber rear diffuser that wraps underneath the back half of my car. It's the biggest piece of carbon fiber I've ever seen put underneath a car. Mine also has LED day time running lights in the bumpers. I think they added that to the 2013 models as well. Happy huntiing and let me know if you decide to purchase.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:13 pm

any plans for modding the Pathy?

ive been looking at getting a 370z with the 7spd, or a diesel truck.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”