Tire Wear

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

sdg1963

Tire Wear

Postby sdg1963 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello,
I have noticed that my right front tire is wearing out faster than any of the tires on the vehicle. The wear is on the outer edge and is quite noticeable, all other tires appear to be fine. Could this be a alignment issue, or something else thats going wrong? I dont want to spend money on an unnecessary alignment if something else needs to be fixed/replaced.

Also, does the spare tire have TPMS? If I was to (temporarily) replace the wonky tire with the spare, would I get a reading on my display or not?

thanks in advance.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Yes it can be an alignment issue.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:24 pm

I have found that if you want to get decent tire life, just align the thing every six months (12k miles for me). It goes out of alignment fairly easily and not only burns your tires but burns your fuel. It also jumps less over bumps when aligned (camber issue on rear). So to me, an alignment is never an unnecessary expense.

You could throw the spare on. If you put the rim/tire with TPMS back in the spare location, you won't throw the idiot light. The spare does NOT have TPMS though.

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Go to a sears auto and if you dont need an alignment then they wont charge you. I go once a year and havent needed one in 5 years.

Return to “General Automotive”